+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A late presentation

I'm Ralph.

Default A late presentation

I made my profile ages ago, so maybe it's time for a presentation.

I listen to jazz (50% of my time) but also British folk, classic rock, indie, stoner rock, electronica, avantgarde, latin, soul, funk and old school hip hop.

I play on Vitavox Bitone 6201 speakers with Heil tweeters and El Pipe-O subwoofer. Elekit 8900 2A3 power amplifier. Luxman CL34 preamp. Thorens 524 turntable with a SPU E pickup for stereo, a Garrard 401 with Ortofon type C for mono and a green Ortofon "SPU" for 78.

I like to build and restore speakers also I have just finished the Elekit which is my first amplifier kit.

My latest project is a wonderful rusty old Vitavox cn123 10 cell horn with a defective S2 driver stuck to it because of corrosion. I am looking for tips to unscrew the driver without using excessive force. Then the driver must be taken apart and clean it. I will probably need to find a new diaphragm.

Best regards
    Ralph

I'm Grant.

welcome Ralph. nice tt you have with the thorens..hope you start posting more
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hi Ralph, glad to see you joining in.

That's an unique system selection you have there, the Vitavox/Heil combo sounds very interesting.

Keep us up to date with your experiments and chat with the members.

(if it was me, I'd try dissolving the corrosion on the S2 thread with a little vinegar, I'd not use heat as it can affect magnets)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graeme.

Hi Ralph, welcome.

Which Elekit did you build? I have the TU-8500 pre-amp, and the TU-8900 Power Amp running 2A3 valves. They are amazing sounding amps and great value for money.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ralph.

That is a very nice system you have there. The Thorens 524 is not that well known here in the UK - I believe it is based on the EMT 938 turntable. If you can manage it, we would love to see some photographs of your system.

Welcome again
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread