+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The great sounding TANDBERG!

I'm Rune.

Default The great sounding TANDBERG!

Hi!
    As usual in my first thread i will give away a link to the most informative site about Norways old pride: Tandberg!
    Just read,look at all the photos,and enjoy!
    Hope You like it!
    http://www.kallhovde.com/akscans/

Mvh Rune

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Mvh,

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for that link. Very interesting. I like Tandberg gear

Do you use any yourself?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rune.

Thank you for the welcome!!
    Now I use:Tandberg TCA 3028 A(pre) 2 X Tandberg 3026 A bridged(amps.app.2x400w).Tandberg TD 20 A SE(reel to reel),Denon 2910(DVD)leading to a Parasound DAC 1600(one of the well hidden secrets of audio DAC`s).Tandberg TCD 910(cassetterecorder).Tandberg TL Studio Monitor.(speakers).Dual 701(turntable) with Sonic Recearch "Sonus S" PU, TCD 4025(CD),Tascam DA 20 DAT-recorder.And one of the definitive top five best FM tuners in the world:Tandberg TT 3001 A!

This is my "more modern"set-up for now.Still , I love the maybe more ear-freindly sound of the even older equipment like The Tandberg Huldra 10 or TR 2075.
    I must admit,even if I am at great Tandberg fan,that many of the Pioneer`s,Sansui`s,Luxman`s,Marantz`s,and a few others from the seventies sounds just as good to,in their own ways.
    They really don`t make them like that any more!

Regards Rune
    PS-Sorry I wrote "Mvh",just old habit,in norwegian that is a short term for "with freindly regards".My first name is Rune.
    Last edited by ulfsn; 05-07-2008 at 22:44.

I'm Rune.

Just to give a hint of what I`m in to..This is pictures from my home

I am sorry for the rather poor quality of this photos,some of them are taken with a mobile-phone.
    -But,that`s not all...There are s..tloads of more audio-stuff in this house and the sourroundings.
    -Yessss! I have a girlfreind,and an understanding one to
    Regards Rune

I'm InSpace.

Hi Rune,

Welcome to AoS.... errr, do you think you have enough equipment there?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Rune.

I don`t understand the question...
    Well,it`s something about the time to use it all as well.Most vintage audio does not respond well to not beeing used,so I guess I`ve reached a limit.It also happens,sometimes,that I actually sell some of it.Still,it don`t seems to become any less equipment here,becauce I`m still buying to
    Regards Rune

I'm Dave.

Wow, thought I had died and gone to heaven for a moment but I can hear the missus nagging me so I must still be alive :-) What a superb collection, I love that litlle "combi", never seen one of those before. I have a fair sized collection of older radios - mainly valve- but nothing like that. How long have you been collecting it all?
    Dave.

What a magnificent collection! How long did it take to aquire it?

Best!

I'm Guy.

Hi Ulf,

I still have a Model 62 reel to reel which is a fine old machine. I also use the Parasound 1600 Dac which is a beast of a thing. Twin PCM63's.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Ah, Good old Tandberg Studio Monitors! Beautiful sounding speakers and fairly unknown in the UK. Wish I still had some to try with the better equipment I now have compared to then - didn't really work in my house share small bedroom either.

I have a 3001,2,3 and 4 system that came with a stand - all apparently bought from Harrods back then. Not in great nick and I'm tempted to sell the bits in order to buy better condition ones later from the US (not the 3004 as that's too hard to find and shall get it fixed up!) It was from a guy who had got it all from his father-in-law who also had the 3005 speakers at one point - they had been thrown out just because of some foam rot in the bass drivers... if only people knew that these things are an easy fix!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast