+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The day - today

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Tony Orlando, singer, 80.
    'Let's Save Tony Orlando's House':

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

That's 1m 42s I won't get back.

3rd April 1957 - Norwich City Council's forward-thinking treasurer decided this was what they needed to speed up their collection of rates and payroll. That it would also help them shed some staff was an added bonus.

Here they are taking delivery. "C'mon lads, put your back into it"

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's 1m 42s I won't get back.

3rd April 1957 - Norwich City Council's forward-thinking treasurer decided this was what they needed to speed up their collection of rates and payroll. That it would also help them shed some staff was an added bonus.

Here they are taking delivery. "C'mon lads, put your back into it"

They couldn't afford a big one then I suppose?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Probably an Elliot 803 machine. The first computer I used as a pupil in the lower sixth.

Think it was solid state, but it was a long time ago.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably an Elliot 803 machine. The first computer I used as a pupil in the lower sixth.

Think it was solid state, but it was a long time ago.
    This particular one is a 405 - they followed the 400 series with the 800 series according to the article that accompanied the pic.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

A 405 - that's the same as the amplifier I occasionally use!
    Barry

4 April 1949
    Eleven countries signed the North Atlantic Treaty in Washington.

4 April 1968
    Civil rights leader Martin Luther King was shot dead in Memphis, Tennessee by James Earl Ray.

4 April 1988
    TV soap Crossroads ended after 24 years and 4,510 episodes.

And birthdays today:

Dave Hill, rock guitarist with the group Slade, 78

Jonathan Agnew, broadcaster and cricket commentator, 64

Hugo Weaving, actor, 64

Graham Norton, TV host, 61

Robert Downey Jr, actor, 59

Lemar, singer, 46.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Also:

5 years ago today Amazon's Jeff Bezos and his missus agreed a record breaking $35 billion divorce settlement. Blimey, for a settlement like that, I'd marry him.

And 75 years ago NATO was formed.

T'other system:

A/V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Also:

5 years ago today Amazon's Jeff Bezos and his missus agreed a record breaking $35 billion divorce settlement. Blimey, for a settlement like that, I'd marry him.

And 75 years ago NATO was formed.
    There's an echo on this thread!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

ofc North Atlantic Treaty... I'm such a silly sausage. Bet you didn't know it's Dave Hill's birthday 78 candles in a Cup-a-Soup.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast