Thread: The day - today

I'm openingabottleofwine.

13 March 1935
    Driving tests were introduced.

13 March 1938
    Hitler annexed Austria.

13 March 2024
    Neil Sedaka, singer, 85 today

Adam Clayton, musician, bassist with U2, 64 today.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

didn't leave much barry well done.

this tho.. On this day, Elvis Presley released his self-titled debut album on RCA Records, believed to be the first album to sell one million copies in 1956
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

18 March 1584
    Ivan the Terrible, the first ruler of Russia to assume the title of tsar, died.

18 March 1965
    Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leo over completed the first spacewalk, leaving his Voskhod 2 capsule, secured by a tether.

18 March 2024
    Queen Latifah, rapper 54 today.
    Barry

Before any of you point out that the below occurred not on this day but on the 22 March, we will only say that I was otherwise preoccupied with more important Forum matters.

So:

22 March 1895
    The first celluloid film was presented to an invited audience by August and Louis Lumiere in Paris.

22 March 1963
    The Beatles' debut album 'Please Please Me' was released.

22 March 1993
    Intel unveiled the original Pentium computer chip.
    Last edited by Barry; 25-03-2024 at 19:56.
    Barry

25 March 1807
    Slave Trade Act abolished slavery in Britian and Ireland.

25 March 1954
    Electronics firm RCA began producing colour television sets in Bloomington, Indian.

25 March 1969
    John Lennon and Yoko Ono began a week-long 'bed in' peace protest at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel.

25 March 2024
    Sir Elton John, musician 77 today.

25 March 2024
    Melanie Blatt, singer with the group All Saints, 49 today.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Born 80 years ago today in Detroit Michigan, Diana Ross. Also Aerosmith's Steven Tyler, 76 today. Actually looks older than Diana, but then his face has always looked a bit 'lived in'.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

You beat me to it re. Diana Ross. Well done!
    Barry

26 March 1827
    Composer Ludwig van Beethoven died in Vienna, aged 56.

24 March 1937
    Popeye became the first cartoon character to have a statue erected - by spinach growers in Texas.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You beat me to it re. Diana Ross. Well done!
    Well, you can't hurry love, no you just have to wait
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well, you can't hurry love, no you just have to wait
    For a chain reaction?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast