+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linn Karik III for sale

I'm Mike.

Default Linn Karik III for sale

Firstly apologies for not being more active on the forum of late - other interests / life get in the way so I hope you don't think I'm being too cheeky dropping by to use the forum to flog gear

"One of the last great CDP's of the golden era". - Marco

Here's my Karik III. I bought it second hand in 2003 and paid £900 for it then (I have the invoice). It's been used on and off for those 20 years and has never had anything go wrong with it.
    Recently I've found myself ripping CD's to FLAC and streaming LDAC bluetooth so the Karik has become rather redundant.

It comes with the remote, a manual, power cord, Linn interconnects and a box. Parts are hard to come by but the good news is that this is virtually bombproof.

Pro's:
    Amazing sound quality. Holds its' own even now.
    Built like a tank. The CD drawer is machined from a solid billet of aluminium.
    Stupidly cheap for what it is!

Con's
    The box isn't the original. It's the one I got it in but as you can see it's for a Majik DS. All Linn kit of that era was of the same dimensions though so it fits fine.
    If it's not used for some time then the CD drawer can be slow to open. Once it is used though, it's fine and behaves perfectly normally.
    The top plate is a bit dirty. Up to you how you want to clean it but I'm leaving well alone.

I really don't want to post this. The thought of some courier chucking my pride and joy around is more than I can bear so collection it is from Halfway House near Shrewsbury. I do venture up and down the M54 corridor and next week will be in Leicester and the week after venturing down to Fishguard so delivery is possible.

Happy to demonstrate

£250

P1040062.jpgP1040061.jpgP1040064.jpgP1040065.jpg

Karik-4.jpg

Last edited by struth; 25-11-2023 at 17:54. Reason: enlarged photos

I'm Don.

CS4328-KS DAC
    Hitachi HOP-M3 / HOP-M3A Mech

I'm Mauro.

Bargain!
    why is nothing ever simple?

I'm Lawrence.

I actually wish I needed a CDP looking at this. But I can't find an excuse to replace my Meridian 508. Given the resurgence in CD replay this should sell quick at this bargain price.

Actually I should buy it as I still have c.3000 CDs at a guess and I think I'd prefer the sound judging by the Mimik I used to have, but I can't collect so it's a moot point.

I'm Mike.

I'm really surprised this hasn't been snapped up. Maybe people think there's something wrong with it as it's cheap

I'm Lawrence.

I'm not sure about that it's probably the collection issue. I agree it can't be posted the risk is too high, but it limits who can buy it.

If I was local I'd buy this to compare to my Meridian like I said.

I'm Grant.

no doubt that pick up only does reduce chances drastically. still, patience and itll go
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

lawrence001: Not sure where you are in London but my wife will be travelling to Erith in a few weeks and could take it if that's any use?

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks for the offer unfortunately it's too far from me as I don't drive.

I'm Mike.

Quick bump before I put it on the bay of evil...

+ Reply to Thread