+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Apple TV for music and other stuff

I'm colin.

Default New Apple TV for music and other stuff

Ive been thinking a lot about storing my CD collection on some sort of media hard drive that i can access via a wi fi to tv set up and im tempted by the new Apple box, partly because of the price.
    It would be operated from a PC laptop so i have to budget in a hard drive.
    The appeal is streaming my digital music and downloading the odd film or two from itunes. The real clincher for me would be to have successful live TV streaming as i have bad Freeview reception here, but im not sure how possible that is.

Im a bit green when it comes to audio visual computer media so if anyone can help imform me on the pros and cons of the new Apple device i would appreciate it.
    Ive already worked out theres no rca audio outputs so i cant listen to movie soundtracks through my stereo amp so thats something i have to think about.
    Maybe theres an alternative computer set top box i should be thinking of.

I'm Steve.

Colin.

Don't waste your money.

If your only desire is to stream music from iTunes and download the odd film, you can have my original Apple TV which don't use and which I can't be bother to eBay.

It's only the 40Gb version but it steams music perfectly and also deals with all films from iTunes.

PM me if you're interested.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Lee.

Steve, I'd be interested if Colin isn't.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread