+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New listening room

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    Have you been planning adding some acoustic treatment to the structures? With those you're actually able to acoustically make the space bigger and much better suited for listening..
    That might be something I should consider Mika
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What are you planning to do about the glass doors? They look to be a hard reflective surface. Some heavy curtains perhaps?
    Barry

I'm Mika.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    That might be something I should consider Mika
    Based on my experience with few different rooms, would highly recommend it �� even some very simple and broadband acoustic treatments will make significant improvement.
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What are you planning to do about the glass doors? They look to be a hard reflective surface. Some heavy curtains perhaps?
    Probably Barry, will decide once i hear how everything sounds
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Robin.

Based on my experience with few different rooms, would highly recommend it �� even some very simple and broadband acoustic treatments will make significant improvement.
    Any suggestions of products?
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Mika.

I have successfully used products from Hofa and Vicoustic plus some Finnish brands for
    panels like these..

https://www.ecophon.com/en/products/...ilings/master/

https://www.netrauta.fi/seinapaneeli...xoCg1gQAvD_BwE
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Robin.

I have successfully used products from Hofa and Vicoustic plus some Finnish brands for
    panels like these..

https://www.ecophon.com/en/products/...ilings/master/

https://www.netrauta.fi/seinapaneeli...xoCg1gQAvD_BwE
    Many thanks
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Mika.

Just ne careful �� One person here on Finland just recently built a new wall from proper materials behind the speakers and the system. This was very effective by measured performance. However he reported that it made room too damp taking the life away from music. So by trial and error he added some diffusers to the wall in critical places to overcome this issue. I might prefer little livelier room and more of diffusing instead of direct damping..

I'm James.

The most critical acoustic interface I found is the first reflection points. Unless you have massive bass issues and room nodes I would leave this alone. Obviously size of speaker and size of room has huge implications.

First reflection points are easy and cheap too sort out and I would definitely use absorption panels here rather than diffuser.

Personally I agree with Mika in that I prefer a slightly liver room than an over damped room. If you don't use Room EQW or any DSP etc the easiest way to asses is a few hand claps. The end of the room where my system is is fairly damped. Heavy furniture and heavy curtains with first reflection point panels. Towards the back of the room it is more lively but good to try and stop reflection point behind your head and listening position as this will smear the stereo image.

Good to factor all these points in when construction a listening room as it can have significant implications further down the road once you get your system set up and choose listening position.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mika.

Indeed.

I might add some damped panel wall to the end of the room behind the speakers plus some diffusers. Then some absorption panels to the first reflection points of the side walls and possibly also the ceiling. Then the rest by heavy carpet, curtains and furniture. This should give the room and the system fairly safe starting point for building any system (perhaps excluding the dipole speakers).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast