+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Quad 33 Pre - Recapped & Serviced, Excellent

I'm george.

Default FS: Quad 33 Pre - Recapped & Serviced, Excellent

Next in the clear out is a lovely 33 Pre-amp, it's an early one, serial number just 849 !
    cosmetically it's excellent and original, there are a coupe of small marks in the paint to the top panel, but very slight.
    there is a tiny bit of dust/fluff on the front panel in the photo's it's not a scratch!

the infamous switch suppressor has been replaced with a more reliable Rifa one,
    the Electrolytics are replaced with Panasonic for Audio types, a couple of Nichicon where appropriate.
    polystyrene caps have replaced most of the poor quality ceramics, but the Original Quad Film caps have been retained where they are still good.
    resistors which are outside spec have been replaced with high quality good sounding types,
    this has all the Dada recommended updates for reliability.
    I have full service and instruction manuals etc. (non original)

perversely I have all of the components removed, so if any one wants the originals they are welcome to them!

£180 which is much less than the cost to service one to this condition

I'm george.

bump

I'm george.

Bump

I'm george.

offers?

I'm george.

bump

I'm Ben.

Hi. Impressive.’How did the changes affect the sound? Might be interested.

Thanks,

I'm Grant.

yes a lovely example.. terrific
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm george.

still available

I'm george.

since the rebuild, the sound seems to have more space and headroom,
    it still maintains everything i loved about the original, but without the background haze,
    of course the reliability is much better, channel matching, noise, clicks etc all much improved,
    this should run for decades without any intervention,

this is not a 'modified' example, more of a good-as-new but subtly better example.
    a Quad 33 on a really good day you could say
    I still have all the old components, which can be included, although not sure why anyone would want to! a lot of the resistors were fairly far from the centre spec, some out of tolerance.

+ Reply to Thread