Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
Steve,

Run the same Ortofon Quintet Blue MC cart as yourself,
Like you I'm also enjoying buying and playing more vinyl compared to my previous Rega Apheta 3 cart...must be more to this record playing schennanigans than meets the eye eh?
No idea what the stylus profile on that bad boy was, probably complicated?

What impedance/loading settings are you running with your Quintet Blue on your phonostage?
Just when you get a minute, mines is still running in and sound is all over the place.

Thanks...probably
I had a look at a review for your phono stage, and I see that it has much more adjustability than my rather basic Tube Box, which just has dipswitches for load impedance (I chose the 100ohm dips, they seemed the closest to the recommended >20 ohm stated in the cartridge's instructions).

So probably not all helpful.

I bought my Quintet Blue from a fellow AoS member, with about 40 hours use on it, so it was probably already 'run in'. I've added maybe another 40 hours since.

I don't have any plans to change the cart, I'm more than happy with how it performs. Anyway, it looks like any future spending would be better directed at going 'balanced', and with the phono stage upgraded to what you already have. There, you've converted me