+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does this Chromecast thingy work again?

I'm Mike.

Default How does this Chromecast thingy work again?

After asking about streaming here about 5 yrs ok, I bought a Chromecast thingy and am only now thinking I'd quite like to listen through it. So please briefly, how is it done? I have an integrated amp - Sugden a21a sig, a dac, an optical cable, etc etc
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

I think you need Google Home on your phone and it will sense the CCA and pretty much set it up for you. You want a mini optical cable to a dac to get the best quality sound. I think for me Qobuz had an option to cast to the CCA in the mobile app but it's been a while since I used it.

You've just made me think it might be a good back up for the Wam show in case of streaming issues.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I think you need Google Home on your phone and it will sense the CCA and pretty much set it up for you. You want a mini optical cable to a dac to get the best quality sound. I think for me Qobuz had an option to cast to the CCA in the mobile app but it's been a while since I used it.

You've just made me think it might be a good back up for the Wam show in case of streaming issues.
    Thanks Lawrence, I'd like to use my laptop though, and for now anyway just sites like Youtube.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

So you need to cast it maybe you tube has a cast option in the app.

I'm Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    So you need to cast it maybe you tube has a cast option in the app.
    Or cast from Spotify... I am doing it and typing at the same time right now!!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Or cast from Spotify... I am doing it and typing at the same time right now!!
    Not sure I tried that can you cast with a free account?

I'm Mike.

So I bought a mini Toslink cable off Amazon today, should arrive tomorrow. Wouldn't mind getting a Spotify account set up, it's not expensive is it?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    So I bought a mini Toslink cable off Amazon today, should arrive tomorrow. Wouldn't mind getting a Spotify account set up, it's not expensive is it?
    Not expensive but not the best quality. Amazon had an offer of 4 month free. May still be available. Better SQ by far.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Not expensive but not the best quality. Amazon had an offer of 4 month free. May still be available. Better SQ by far.
    Amazon offer streaming too? Why am I even surprised at that!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Amazon offer streaming too? Why am I even surprised at that!
    100 mil songs apparently.. about a tenner a month
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast