+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First LP Album or CD

I'm John.

On CD it was Love Over Good by Dire Straits. If my memory is correct it cost a whopping £14.99. That was in 1985!
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    On CD it was Love Over Good by Dire Straits. If my memory is correct it cost a whopping £14.99. That was in 1985!
    I do remember the price of most CDs was astronomical when they were first launched but you thought you were buying space age technology!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

You were.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

And at the dame time the quality of vinyl records was taking a nosedive, which I'm convinced was a deliberate ploy to shift us over to "perfect sound forever" with a little help from John Cleese. I resisted until 1990, by which time I decided they might actually be right.

Still kept my vinyl though, just didn't buy any more for about twenty years.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Peter.

Back in 76 (I think):

Vinyl 12”

Roxy Music Siren
    Elton John’s Greatest Hits Volume 2

But my first 7” was

Sex Pistols God Save The Queen

First CD was quite late and I think it was a Prefab Sprout number because I didn’t have access to a player until I met my now missus in 1986. (I bought her a discman for her birthday in 1987).
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    Back in 76 (I think):

Vinyl 12”

Roxy Music Siren
    Elton John’s Greatest Hits Volume 2

But my first 7” was

Sex Pistols God Save The Queen

First CD was quite late and I think it was a Prefab Sprout number because I didn’t have access to a player until I met my now missus in 1986. (I bought her a discman for her birthday in 1987).
    Have you still got it? Outside chance it might be worth a fortune. Mine is the wrong one, only worth about 7 quid
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Patrick.

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie.

I still have it, but I bought another copy that doesn't have all the scratches, jumps and surface noise caused by playing it on the various crappy record players that were all I could afford at the time.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "There's a man with a van, playing John Cale records, behind the green door"
    John cale it is, Paris 1919, sorry wrong thread.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Have you still got it? Outside chance it might be worth a fortune. Mine is the wrong one, only worth about 7 quid

Sadly not. I think it is the second or third pressing.

I did buy the first pressing but it was for my cousin in Norway. I should ask him if he still has it.

P
    Separates Systems:

(1) Antipodes CX and EX, Matrix Audio X-Saber DSD, Meridian DSP7000 active speakers;
    (2) Lumin D2, Cary CD-308 cdp, Quad 99 power amp, Horns 5degreeN*27 speakers;
    (3) Homebrew PC with Onkyo Wavio SE200 soundcard running Daphile, Quad 44 and 405.2 into Dali Zensor 1s;
    (4) Sooloos C15 plus storage, Braun A2, P1, CD3, C1 and T1 into Sonus Faber Concertos.

Integrated Home System:

Sony PS-X600, Naimnet NNT01 DAB Tuner; NS02 Server; NNP01/NNP02 room amplifiers; Netstreams switches, keypads, KEF Ci130QS/Soundlight speakers.

I'm Shane.

First single- Diamonds by Jet Harris and Tony Meehan. 1963.

First album - Shadows Greatest Hits. 1964.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast