Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    sounds like you got better treatment than this guy

they wont even refund him !!

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...ifiers.284389/
    I know Les, and I'd be surprised if there isn't some of that story missing.

Anyway it has nothing to do with the TEAC.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

yes seems there is always 2 sides to a story !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm James.

Good to know you got great results even with the humble Topping DAC. Makes you wonder if it really is worth spending much money on DACS and just upgrade your silver disc spinner?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Good to know you got great results even with the humble Topping DAC. Makes you wonder if it really is worth spending much money on DACS and just upgrade your silver disc spinner?
    Personally I would go down a similar route as Martin and concentrate my funds on a player or transport that was a pleasure to use and felt like it was built to last. And only throw decent money at a DAC if it could be demonstrated to bring improvements that I could hear.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I took the TEAC round to Oli's yesterday so he could have a go on it and he's bought one for himself the same day.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

I know a few folk have been keen on the Audiolab CDT which is a cheap way of revitalising those shiny discs. Funny how things come round in circles

Double Homonym just for good measure early in the morning.

The Teac looks to be a few notches up from the Audiolab especially with its VRDS technology. Interestingly Teac are very keen on vibration control and have gone to some lengths to reduce it even in their amplifiers by employing special panel assembly technology to reduce impact of vibration between top, bottom and sides! I have been finding benefits in this area for some time with my own vibration damping in my amplifiers, but I digress!

Macca has always held out for those silver discs even when the world and his dog moved to either FBA or streaming. I never liked streaming apart from its research benefits. There is certainly a revitalised interest in CD probably because so many folk have them and they cost peanuts to pick up second hand. New prices not so good.

I think a CDT would be a good move Steve if your into digital and don't want too much complication with all the FBA route.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I took the TEAC round to Oli's yesterday so he could have a go on it and he's bought one for himself the same day.
    Well it validates your long held belief and continued use of CD. Maybe your reticence to go down the FBA route has saved you some complicated digital shenanigans and some cash!

I'm Martin.

Well it validates your long held belief and continued use of CD. Maybe your reticence to go down the FBA route has saved you some complicated digital shenanigans and some cash!
    Actually we did compare CD from transport to same CD copied to the hard drive and played back through the streamer. Both playing simultaneously and swapping between them. We even did blind test. I could not relaibly distinguish between them.

My preference for CD doesn't directly have anything to do with SQ, I think local streaming just as good.

I stick with CD because:

1) I don't need to involve a computer with all their irritating glitches. 'Why isn't this working, it was working yesterday!'

2) Streaming services often don't have a choice of mastering - you get what you're given. Sometimes they do not have the artist or recording you want at all.

3) I like to sit down and listen to a whole album uninterrupted, not chop and change from song to song and artist to artist.

4) I like to browse shelves of recordings in physical real world rather than scroll down lists

5) I can choose the best/my preferred mastering

6) If the internet is down I still have music

7) If streaming services go broke or close down because they don't make any profit (not impossible, most if not all currently run at a loss) I still have music

8) The streaming service can do anything they want with the signal. Adulterate it, limit it, compress it, or change it in some other way - not saying they do but they can. All outside my control.

9) there is no inherent sound quality advantage in local streaming or streaming service over CD

10) I enjoy going to a physical shop and searching for and buying CDs. You can't beat the thrill of the score, finding something you've been after for ages.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Brian.

How do you ascertain which CD mastering is the best/to your taste Martin ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast