+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TEAC VRDS 701T - Review

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hey Martin, any more thoughts on the TEAC VRDS 701T since you have been using it for a while now?

Or is it fit it and forget?
    Not given me any bother, it's lovely to use and look at.

I said originally that it seemed to have a 'calmer' sound than the Audiolab. I expected that to be in my head and the impression to disappear after a while, but after a month or so and a lot of different albums I'm still hearing it like that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not given me any bother, it's lovely to use and look at.

I said originally that it seemed to have a 'calmer' sound than the Audiolab. I expected that to be in my head and the impression to disappear after a while, but after a month or so and a lot of different albums I'm still hearing it like that.
    Looks like a quality built item. Do you think it will sound better with a more expensive DAC? I know you have mentioned you don't hear too much difference between DACs.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Looks like a quality built item. Do you think it will sound better with a more expensive DAC? I know you have mentioned you don't hear too much difference between DACs.
    I have a more expensive one but it doesn't sound any different to the Topping.

Tried it at Oli's with his DAC, don't recall what it was but it wasn't a cheapy. Bass went quite a bit deeper. But different speakers and much smaller room ofc.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

I have a more expensive one but it doesn't sound any different to the Topping.

Tried it at Oli's with his DAC, don't recall what it was but it wasn't a cheapy. Bass went quite a bit deeper. But different speakers and much smaller room ofc.
    Yeah difficult to tell what something is doing in someone else's room/set up. Really need to hear it in your own system.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Yeah difficult to tell what something is doing in someone else's room/set up. Really need to hear it in your own system.
    Yes, his speakers go quite a bit lower than mine even though they are smaller. I've been looking at subwoofers this week. Good ones are not as expensive as I thought.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Yes, his speakers go quite a bit lower than mine even though they are smaller. I've been looking at subwoofers this week. Good ones are not as expensive as I thought.
    Ofc 'expensive' is a relative term. Any particular make/model in mind?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steven.

Macca, how are you getting on with the 701T still? I just ordered mine yesterday and it should deliver on Thursday. Hoping it's as good or better than my transport that just died. I'll be using mine with an Audial S5 DAC.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
    Macca, how are you getting on with the 701T still? I just ordered mine yesterday and it should deliver on Thursday. Hoping it's as good or better than my transport that just died. I'll be using mine with an Audial S5 DAC.
    It's great. Never given me any trouble and it's a pleasure to own and use.

What did you have that died?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steven.

Wonderful, thanks for the reply. My transpot that died was a custom thing, a sort of hodge podge of different parts along with a custom digital output section from a local tech who does all my work. It sounded great but being it's a mixture of 30yr+ old parts I figured the Teac may prove to be a bit more reliable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678