+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Rack or not?

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Looks good James. I think equipment looks so much better atop such a thing than in shelves, and if I had the space I would go down that route. Although it could well be more prone to airborne vibrations, individual supports/isolation should take care of this as Dave (Antonio) says.
    i think if that is the route I go down, I will put everything on individual supports, depending on cost of course.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm James.

Looks good James. I think equipment looks so much better atop such a thing than in shelves, and if I had the space I would go down that route. Although it could well be more prone to airborne vibrations, individual supports/isolation should take care of this as Dave (Antonio) says.
    I did not really want an obvious equipment rack in the room but to be fair some do look OK, however they actually worked out much more expensive than the sideboard I bought.

In terms of vibration, nothing gets through this sideboard into the turntable. My speaker is quite close and it is not a small beasty and kicks out a lot of deep bass and it has never once got through to the turntable. I have taken some other measures to be sure as you can see from the photo as the TT stands on a compact laminate platform which also stands on ISO Pods. The TT feet also have vibration control so it all adds up to zilch getting through!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I did not really want an obvious equipment rack in the room but to be fair some do look OK, however they actually worked out much more expensive than the sideboard I bought.

In terms of vibration, nothing gets through this sideboard into the turntable. My speaker is quite close and it is not a small beasty and kicks out a lot of deep bass and it has never once got through to the turntable. I have taken some other measures to be sure as you can see from the photo as the TT stands on a compact laminate platform which also stands on ISO Pods. The TT feet also have vibration control so it all adds up to zilch getting through!
    At the moment looking more and more like a sideboard solution for me.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    If you buy vintage they are usually built like a tank!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Is this what your amp looks like Robin? If so, hiding it away inside a rack would be criminal...

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robin.

Is this what your amp looks like Robin? If so, hiding it away inside a rack would be criminal...

Yes Steve, that’s my amp, no intention of hiding it away, love how it looks
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Martin.

Black ravioli pads, very good isolation for you components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Black ravioli pads, very good isolation for you components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For the amp?
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Andrew.

You can make your own rack yourself for less than £200 is your happy to drill some holes in some bamboo shelving and use threaded rod, nuts and bolts.

I've done this twice now. You can infinitely adjust the shelf position at any level and have a pretty well damped rack in the process.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    You can make your own rack yourself for less than £200 is your happy to drill some holes in some bamboo shelving and use threaded rod, nuts and bolts.

I've done this twice now. You can infinitely adjust the shelf position at any level and have a pretty well damped rack in the process.
    I decided not to go down the rack route, although the unit has still to be build as my new listening room is still to be erected, will be done over the next week or so, weather dependent.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123