+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lampizator P17 OBs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Rob.

Thanks for asking. Very well. The mishmash of crap on the rack in the pic was purely for testing purposes. Having run them with one amp for all drivers I thought that there was too much midrange for my taste coming from the LFs.

I built them so that I could bi-amp or not according to taste so I tried my ACA Mini for the Mid and HF and a separate amp for the LF with an active crossover which initially I thought sounded far better.

I am currently using an APPJ (Miniwatt) 3.5w EL84 amp for the Mid and HF and a Sony ES for the LF using the passive crossover to very good effect. Quite holographic with a good spread and depth. I am glad I re-homed them in what is for me and my room a far better match and the results are far better too, rather then leaving to gather dust for another 10 or so years or selling them and not realising their worth.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Rob.

I got my pair already built as you may have seen and these came with Eminence 15"ers. I have no experience with any LF speakers of this size and I have never looked them up as to price or quality but I suspect that they might be at the budget end of the market as you mention.

Overall I am reasonably happy with the presentation now they are in a better package for my room. Is it not often the case that some music/tracks sounds really good and others not so and others really awful, but those are the vagaries of audio playback and being in the hands of those that made it sound that way in the first place. I would tend to agree that the Saba Mids do not go low enough.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12