+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Croft Integrated Phono Hybrid Amp

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't have to imagine, I used to have a Croft preamp with dual pots. It isn't a big deal.
    Your right Martin they are not a big deal. Once you have set them for the evening I rarely touch them. The pots Glenn used were very high quality

I believe they were these. Get great reviews.

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/ind...smos-mono.html
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Most listening rooms are rarely symmetrical so they can compensate for listening position etc and act as a balance control and are better at channel separation and preventing crosstalk than a stereo pot.
    Although ironically this amplifier has fairly mediocre channel separation. It's not a real-world issue though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Imagine having to turn two knobs just to adjust the volume, and they have to be at exactly the same level!! £345 seems cheap.
    It was Glenn's preferred configuration which is good enough for me. Reality is, they give you a balance control with none of the downsides and it is so easy to adjust for volume that you forget about the two pots within 2 or 3 operations. I reckon that 99% (or close) of the Croft amps I have sold over the decades had twin pots and never had a complaint.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12