+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entreq - Macro Ground Box Kit

I'm John.

Default Entreq - Macro Ground Box Kit

I purchased two of these kits brand new just over a year ago mainly out of a 'low risk' curiosity to see if I could hear what the talk about these boxes was all about. I paid an extra £30 apiece for a number of different connectors in order to try on a variety of equipment.

Apparently Entreq introduced these kits in August 2021 as a 'low cost' entry into their ground box world. The kits are complete with a ground cable and allow a choice of different 'click-on' connectors to be fitted to suit individual requirements. According to Entreq the boxes used on these kits are improved versions of their previous entry boxes and the macro kit sits above the micro kit in their range. The kit includes a ground cable which is 1.65m long and will be supplied with both an RCA and RJ45 connector. Some users reporting good results with routers/DACs/streamers etc.

There were no firework 'night and day' differences to be heard with the boxes in my system but I did think things sounded a bit smoother. However, the surprise for me was leaving the room where my system was playing and then returning to realise just how loud my system had been playing with no aural discomfort. It was evident that the boxes were doing something after all.

After some experimentation I was satisfied that a single box performed adequately in my system and I subsequently sold one of the kits.

I am now ready to contemplate moving on to a more comprehensive solution and so this remaining kit is offered for sale. A good opportunity to give one of these kits a try at an attractive price.

This lot cost £430 and is complete with original box and packaging and is ready to go.

Asking £250 plus postage or can be collected from Ipswich, Suffolk.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Vince.

Take it from me, these are not 'snake oil'. They really do work. I loaned mine to a 'non believer'.…....he went and bought his own after trying mine.
    GLWS

I'm John.

Thank you for your positive observations.

I should probably have mentioned, as you will already know, that these boxes take a little while after being connected to perform at their best. The dealer I bought it from suggested allowing at least 15-30 minutes.

I'm Vince.

I found that you should leave it in for over 1 week then take it out......that's why my mate bought one. I went to get it back and he took it out and then continued to listen to his music. He got quite a shock, as did I really. The music sounded course and sounded as if it had no small detail and the bass loosened upreally flabby.
    All that out of a little inconspicuous box.
    Glws

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I found that you should leave it in for over 1 week then take it out......that's why my mate bought one. I went to get it back and he took it out and then continued to listen to his music. He got quite a shock, as did I really. The music sounded course and sounded as if it had no small detail and the bass loosened upreally flabby.
    All that out of a little inconspicuous box.
    Glws

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Was that with this Macro model?
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Vince.

Yes, the same model.

I'm John.

Sale agreed, now awaiting payment.

I'm John.

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread