+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tall hifi stands

I'm Steve.

Default Tall hifi stands

My hifi components presently reside on strong Spur shelving. The components are shelved such that two of them are side by side, and another two similarly above them. The salient point here being, the bottom two are at chest height, I don't want the normal, traditional low level stands, having to bend over all the while. Actually, the top two components have another two units sitting on them making six components in all. Due to a redesign of this room I now want to site the components on stands of some sort, not shelves. My record deck will still be on a pukka frame bolted to the wall. So, I am on the lookout for some kind of stand/system that allows me to place the above mentioned components at belly/chest height upwards. I know about the chrome free standing racking that is available, but my other half isn't keen on it, we're looking for something a bit posher. Any ideas?

I'm Martin.

I was looking for something similar a couple of years back, struggled, in the end went for this:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

It's an idea I suppose, stacking a hifi stand onto some kind of matching cupboard. I just hate having to get on my knees or bend right over to see and use the fascias of components. Especially given that I use high end vintage Pioneer components and they have lots of knobs with small lettering. Whatever, I want my kit at or near, eye level!

I'm Geoff.

I have a couple of these. Not used for hifi but very strong and rigid

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/fjaellb...lack-70339291/

Look at entire range, They even have a matching wall shelf.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagesteve View Post
    It's an idea I suppose, stacking a hifi stand onto some kind of matching cupboard. I just hate having to get on my knees or bend right over to see and use the fascias of components. Especially given that I use high end vintage Pioneer components and they have lots of knobs with small lettering. Whatever, I want my kit at or near, eye level!
    I needed something that would accommodate the power amp which is heavy and quite deep so standard shelving units wouldn't work. Decent ones would take the weight but shelves not deep enough.

I am same as you I like the control units up at chest or eye level.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have a couple of these. Not used for hifi but very strong and rigid

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/fjaellb...lack-70339291/

Look at entire range, They even have a matching wall shelf.

Thanks, I'll get along to IKEA and take a look.

+ Reply to Thread