+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Discussion topics being posted in the incorrect rooms

  1. #11
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 72,289
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi Chris,

    I guess it depends on what you consider as "the right area", and also "inappropriate areas".

    That may be so to you, but in actual fact not, in terms of where things should be going based on our judgement criteria. It's likely just a matter of interpretation. Ultimately, though, it's up to us where things go.

    Could you give me some examples of what you're referring to? Links to specific threads would be good, noting where they started and then ended up.

    Generally if threads are moved, it's for a very good reason

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  2. #12
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Sacramento, California

    Posts: 226

    Default

    Looks like I'm the one in the crosshairs here.

    I'd have put the Shunyata post in Artist's Palette, but the overall theme of the post was intended in a broader, more general sense, i.e. some of the crazy marketing tactics some companies take. That's why I put it instead in the general interest Blank Canvas area.

    se
    Q
    Keeping it simple since 1998

  3. #13
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 72,289
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Lol... TBH, Steve, I wasn't thinking of you at all, even though I've moved your thread.

    I was watching how it developed, and if it had worked out as you originally intended, then it would've remained in Blank Canvas.

    However, when the discussion started becoming more about cables than anything else, it had to be transferred into The Artist's Palette, as that's where such topics belong

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  4. #14
    Join Date: Aug 2010

    Location: Sacramento, California

    Posts: 226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... TBH, Steve, I wasn't thinking of you at all, even though I've moved your thread.


    What?

    You weren't thinking of me?



    BITCH!

    I was watching how it developed, and if it had worked out as you originally intended, then it would've remained in Blank Canvas.

    However, when the discussion started becoming more about cables than anything else, it had to be transferred into The Artist's Palette, as that's where such topics belong
    Fair 'nuff.

    se
    Q
    Keeping it simple since 1998

  5. #15
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Cricklewood

    Posts: 9,081
    I'm ILOB.

    Default

    Well I am guilty of putting talks about music in abstract chat sometimes and I am the music mod lol
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

    Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

  6. #16
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Rossendale

    Posts: 7,999
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Chris,

    I guess it depends on what you consider as "the right area", and also "inappropriate areas".

    That may be so to you, but in actual fact not, in terms of where things should be going based on our judgement criteria. It's likely just a matter of interpretation. Ultimately, though, it's up to us where things go.

    Could you give me some examples of what you're referring to? Links to specific threads would be good, noting where they started and then ended up.

    Generally if threads are moved, it's for a very good reason

    Marco.
    How about this one http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6788 ?

    It's got nothing to do with music or playback of recorded music at all, so I started the thread in the general chat area.
    It got shifted to the digital expressions area, which I thought was strange at the time.
    Chris

    Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

  7. #17
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 72,289
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi Chris,

    No idea why that ended up where it did....

    I guess it just shows that we can make mistakes, too!

    If that happens again to you or anyone else, please let us know and we will rectify it

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

  8. #18
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    How about this one http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6788 ?

    It's got nothing to do with music or playback of recorded music at all, so I started the thread in the general chat area.
    It got shifted to the digital expressions area, which I thought was strange at the time.
    Computers are digital, innit?

    There's far too many rooms with poncey names anyway. Who on earth would know whether something should be an 'artist's impression' or a 'a stroke of genius'?

  9. #19
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: Lancaster(-ish), UK

    Posts: 16,964
    I'm ChrisB.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Who on earth would know whether something should be an 'artist's impression' or a 'a stroke of genius'?
    Hardly anyone.........well, except the ones who can be arsed to read the descriptions that are directly underneath the names!

  10. #20
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hardly anyone.........well, except the ones who can be arsed to read the descriptions that are directly underneath the names!
    I beg to differ. If I buy different plugs, fit them to my cables and find it a huge improvement that I want to share with AoS, is that a tweak which should go into 'Strokes of Genius' or an accessory that should go into 'The Artist's Palette'?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •