+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dac Repair, Help needed.

Default Dac Repair, Help needed.

Hi chaps, I am a new member to this forum and need to politely ask if anyone knows of any repair gurus near to Merseyside. My non oversampling MF Digilog has developed a fault where it has problems locking on to the transport. I have tried it with 3 sources so I know the problem is with the dac. I also have the circuit diagram for this modified unit. One other member has generously contacted me about a repairman in Halifax but I would prefer someone a bit closer to me if possible. Any help greatly appreciated, Mac.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by campbell mac View Post
    Hi chaps, I am a new member to this forum and need to politely ask if anyone knows of any repair gurus near to Merseyside. My non oversampling MF Digilog has developed a fault where it has problems locking on to the transport. I have tried it with 3 sources so I know the problem is with the dac. I also have the circuit diagram for this modified unit. One other member has generously contacted me about a repairman in Halifax but I would prefer someone a bit closer to me if possible. Any help greatly appreciated, Mac.
    Please pop into the Welcome section of the forum and say hello, tell us a bit about yourself, your system and taste in music.

Can you also add your first name as your signature and a basic location to your personal details. We feel these things are important and are a basic requirement when joining our community.

Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm andrew.

Colin at Chevron Audio is very good, based near Derby, you could post it to him.
    Andy.

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Hi,

Could be a simply that one of the transistors is faulty in the input stage - I know nothing about the circuits but have heard that happen before..

Looking at pics on the internet, these are marked as TR1 TR2 etc and on the left side of the circuit as you look at it from the front. The side behind the inputs not surprisingly.. Transistors are normally pence each so if your ok with it and good with a soldering iron, you could try replacing them for an hour's work (being careful and not rushing). See what happens.

But still, if they're good gurus and not people attached to high-end shops that won't get out of bed for less than a few hundred of a rich audiophile's money then a good nerdy audio electrician should be able to sort it for you and save you the bother.

I am an electrician and quite handy with a soldering iron it's just electronic components and their different values that are a bit out of my comfort zone. However, I will whip the lid off and see if I can change the transistors or find a dry joint or something. The dac is just sitting there at the moment doing nothing. I bought a Dacmagic the other day to keep me going. Definately sounds different. Many thanks for your assistance, all the best, Mac.
    Campbell.

+ Reply to Thread