+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amplifier servicing East Sussex/Kent

I'm Loz.

Default Amplifier servicing East Sussex/Kent

Does anyone know a reputable person in the south east for amplifier servicing? I’d usually go up to The Midlands to see Angus or Alan but can’t get up there for the moment. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Steve.

JS Audio might be in your neck of the woods, but depends on quality of your amp and how much you are willing to spend on it I suppose. He (John Samson) does a lot of upgrades too.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Loz.

Thanks Steve

I'll keep that one in mind but I'm trying to avoid going into London if I can. The amplifier (Sony TA-F770ES) has a minor issue whereby the auxiliary source 'fizzles' out on the left channel now and again and returns when I switch between sources. Not a major problem but something that irritating so would like to look into it

I'm Lawrence.

Have you tried some Servisol or Deoxit on the selector switch? Assuming it's a knob.

I'm Steve.

Does sound like it might be something and nothing. Might be worth a phone chat with Alan, who may well suggest the same as Lawrence.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

I looked online and saw it had push buttons so thought it can't be this. But then I found the below and realised it still could be. You need to get to the motorised selector to clean it, they usually have a little hole that you can put the thin spray tube in, but some are sealed (eg the Arcam Delta 290/Alpha 9 that has a common selector noise problem).

" Instead of opting for pure CMOS-switching for input selection, Sony uses the logic to control a high-quality motorised selector that’s mounted hard up against the rear panel. "

https://yaegeraudio.com/reviews/sony-ta-f770es/

I'm Tony.

My suggestion would be Brett H in Lewes

Hear Audio
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm jamie.

hi,
    this guy fixed my sony 700es when it went bang.

https://www.vintagetech.co.uk/

I'm Loz.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far folks. Hear Audio are fully booked for the time being. Vintagetech looks a good shout although it's a two hour drive from me (getting around Sussex and Kent is a slow process). I'll get in touch nonetheless. I'm not inclined to open the hood myself. My skills lie elsewhere.

I'm Don.

I recommend David Coe....AD audio. I know he's in Wimbledon, but a nice train ride will work for you?

Reasonable rates, and very reliable.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast