+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Streamer Suggestions

I'm Craig.

Default Streamer Suggestions

Having read what I considered to be a good review of the Octavio streamer on Hifi Pig, I bought one.
    I'm enjoying it, but like most here started wondering if I can improve on things.

Obviously the Bluesound Node 2i comes to mind, but would it give me a better SQ?
    The guys at Octavio are very helpful, and according to them, the major difference to the Bluesound is that the node has more connectivity, and is also more expensive.
    I guess you would expect them to say that.

So, the floor is yours, fire away! 😅
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Jerry.

I'm pretty happy with the Project Stream Box S2 Ultra.

Upgraded it with a Teddy Pardo linear power supply last month.

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

EverSolo DMP-A6? Very much a new kid on the block and getting excellent reviews, especially when being used as a dedicated streamer (i.e. when being fed into an external DAC instead of using the on-board DAC). Two versions: standard or Master Edition.

Also, a simple remote will soon be available in the UK - BTR-12.

The DMP-A6 has extensive functionality although no headphones socket.

Standard version is currently £760 in the UK, not including the optional remote. Availability is not immediate - demand has outstripped supply although new stocks are on the way.

I have taken a punt on the standard version and am currently waiting for the next batch of stock.
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

I'm Gary.

That’d be my choice.

Great review here:

Quote Originally Posted by RockAddict View Post
    EverSolo DMP-A6? Very much a new kid on the block and getting excellent reviews, especially when being used as a dedicated streamer (i.e. when being fed into an external DAC instead of using the on-board DAC). Two versions: standard or Master Edition.

Also, a simple remote will soon be available in the UK - BTR-12.

The DMP-A6 has extensive functionality although no headphones socket.

Standard version is currently £760 in the UK, not including the optional remote. Availability is not immediate - demand has outstripped supply although new stocks are on the way.

I have taken a punt on the standard version and am currently waiting for the next batch of stock.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    That’d be my choice.

Great review here:
    I would agree with your choice there Gary. Can't wait to here what you think of it. Reviews have been excellent.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

just use a laptop im afraid to do the streaming bit mostly... imo a good lappy is fine, but understand folk who want to inegrate more into a system etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Craig.

Has anyone actually commented on whether the Bluesound Node 2I would be better than my Octavio Stream?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Has anyone actually commented on whether the Bluesound Node 2I would be better than my Octavio Stream?
    its just a streamer so if its been made well they should all sound pretty similar imo, if they sound at all'.. better aesthetics, more advanced software and more connectivity etc come at higher cost. dacs usually cost more and are more likely to affect sound more.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Not sure this helps much but a hit from a Google search (octavio stream vs bluesound node) produced an article where both are at least mentioned:

https://www.13thnote.net/2022/09/18/...sound-primare/

The Node has heaps more functionality but any difference(s) in audio character will be down to personal preference. Personally, I think the 3rd gen Node (N130) is excellent VFM @ £550 but I have no experience of the Octavio Stream. In a few weeks, I'll (probably) post some feedback on the EverSolo DMP-A6 and, if I do, I'll give a view on how the SQ compares to the Node 2i.
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

I'm Charles.

A Raspberry Pi would be much better than either of those, and a lot less expensive.
    Preamp | Amplifier: Pass Labs XP-20 | Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks
    Analogue Sources: Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2
    DAC | Digital Sources: Auralic Altair G1 | JVC XL-Z411
    Speakers | Subwoofers: Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio | Monster HTS 5000
    Cables: Wireworld | Pangea Audio | AudioQuest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast