+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: HS2 watch and weep

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    So there we have it. No HS2 to Manchester or Euston but the government are going to fill all the pot holes in.

Watch and weep.
    "Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off".
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    "Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off".
    Barry

I'm Martin.

so it will be a rail line that goes to Birmingham, where no-one would go unless they really have to, from some god-forsaken NE suburb of London?

Really what is the point? Why not cut the losses and scrap it altogether instead of throwing good money after bad? Even when it's done it won't be running half the time due to the drivers being on strike.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Apparently there are already two lines from London to Birmingham with 5 trains per hour. What is the point of HS2 at all ?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Apparently there are already two lines from London to Birmingham with 5 trains per hour. What is the point of HS2 at all ?
    They're rammed full of poxy students and other people with nothing better to do with their time than 'travel.' So it's needed for extra capacity.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    The point of HS2 was never about Birmingham to London, it was about connecting Leeds, Manchester to Birmingham and then on to London ... because everything has to be connected to London.

So now we just have the pointless bit, at great expense, with none of the benefits to the North.

Since I'm near Bristol, I have no stake in any of it, but it is depressing just how 'short-sighted' this country is.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Scale is not really an issue. Yes China and the USA are bigger countries with larger populations but that just means that they have greater infrastructure needs. The problem is the national mindset. Most of our sewage infrastructure is over a century old and it shows. My area is vulnerable to surface flooding due to the limited capacity of the drains.

There are strict controls over building zones, with adequate protection for green belt and protected environmental areas.

A visionary leader should be looking at building whole new towns outside of London and the South East.
    You are welcome Keir!

I'm James.

So rather than cancel trains left right and centre all year finally the government cancelled a whole train line - HS2 between Manchester and Brum.

But what is to become of what is left of the existing rail network ?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...on-for-decades
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213