+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Grant G1000HD Audio Cable £65

but the standard £65 product is better than, say, a Chord Chorus at £200
    The G1000HD certainly seems to be a real good value "product"...have found a few words written on these different cables (Here, Here and Here), but nothing like getting "real" feedback from "an ordinary Joe" so to speak, hence my post...
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Alister - did your searching not bring up this thread? - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...hlight=g1000hd - plenty of info in there.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Alister - did your searching not bring up this thread? - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...hlight=g1000hd - plenty of info in there.
    In this post there is plenty on the G1000HD interconnects, but there is very little on the G2000HD, it is only mentioned in passing (and only some tech info) on 4 occasions, Here, Here, Here and Here, there is no mention of anybody actually using them and any kind of comparison with the G1000HD or their previous interconnects etc...this is the kind of info I am looking for from an "ordinary" user, not from a (semi)professional review, 3 off which I have already read...although there was a bit of usage feedback in one of them (Here)...
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Alister,

Thanks for introducing yourself properly. We like to interact with others on friendly first name terms here

I've been using G2000HDs for a while, so allow me to answer your questions:

Just wondering if anybody has the Mark Grant G2000HD interconnects in their system, a few questions about it:

1) What separates are you using it worth?
    See the system in my signature.

2) What interconnects did it replace?
    G1000HDs, and those replaced £850 Transparent References!

3) Did you notice an improvement in sound quality/listening experience and if so what was the improvement, or did it sound worse than you previous interconnects?
    Going from the Transparents to the G1000HDs was a revelation, and also a massive learning curve, as it taught me how much bullshit there is in the so-called 'hi-end' cable market, where most of your money goes on paying to own a 'desirable badge'!

The G1000HDs showed how coloured the Transparents were, and how much musical information I had been missing on my favourite recordings. There is basically no 'sound' to these cables; they simply act as a near perfect conduit that transfers the music signal from one component to another within your system, which is *all* a good cable should do.

Basically, they're as near to sonically neutral as you can get and impose almost no character of their own on the sound. Therefore don't buy them if you're the sort who uses cables as tone controls! The G1000HDs act as a veritable 'open window on to the music'. You'll have heard that many times before, but this time it's TRUE!

4) Is it worth the extra £100+ over the Mark Grant G1000HD?
    Absolutely. The G2000HDs behave just like the G1000HDs, only less so! What I mean by this is that they have even less of a sonic signature than the G1000HDs, so that means even more detail and transparency. You will be shocked and stunned at just how good your system sounds (provided no hidden problems were being masked before with your previous cables) and how much (previously unheard) information is on your favourite discs (or files). G2000HDs will reveal the full capabilities of your system.

In effect, G1000HDs, at £65 a pop, outperformed my £850 Transparent Reference interconnects. G2000HDs, take that many steps further, and in my experience I wouldn't hesitate to say that they would compete with, and in some cases outperform, any interconnect cable on the market you care to name - yes honestly they are, scarily for their competitors, *that* good!

5) Do you think there are any "better" interconnects around for the same price (or less) than the Mark Grant G2000HD?
    That's an almost impossible question to answer. Cables are very system dependent, so what works well in one system may not work as well in another. However, I'd say that if you have a well put together and set-up system and simply want to hear what it's capable of sonically and musically to maximum effect, then I've yet to hear better cables for the job than G2000HDs...

Buy with confidence

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Sorry Alistair I misread your post
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Alister,

Thanks for introducing yourself properly. We like to interact with others on friendly first name terms here

I've been using G2000HDs for a while, so allow me to answer your questions:

See the system in my signature.

G1000HDs, and those replaced £850 Transparent References!

Going from the Transparents to the G1000HDs was a revelation, and also a massive learning curve, as it taught me how much bullshit there is in the so-called 'hi-end' cable market, where most of your money goes on paying to own a 'desirable badge'!

The G1000HDs showed how coloured the Transparents were, and how much musical information I had been missing on my favourite recordings. There is basically no 'sound' to these cables; they simply act as a near perfect conduit that transfers the music signal from one component to another within your system, which is *all* a good cable should do.

Basically, they're as near to sonically neutral as you can get and impose almost no character of their own on the sound. Therefore don't buy them if you're the sort who uses cables as tone controls! The G1000HDs act as a veritable 'open window on to the music'. You'll have heard that many times before, but this time it's TRUE!

Absolutely. The G2000HDs behave just like the G1000HDs, only less so! What I mean by this is that they have even less of a sonic signature than the G1000HDs, so that means even more detail and transparency. You will be shocked and stunned at just how good your system sounds (provided no hidden problems were being masked before with your previous cables) and how much (previously unheard) information is on your favourite discs (or files). G2000HDs will reveal the full capabilities of your system.

In effect, G1000HDs, at £65 a pop, outperformed my £850 Transparent Reference interconnects. G2000HDs, take that many steps further, and in my experience I wouldn't hesitate to say that they would compete with, and in some cases outperform, any interconnect cable on the market you care to name - yes honestly they are, scarily for their competitors, *that* good!

That's an almost impossible question to answer. Cables are very system dependent, so what works well in one system may not work as well in another. However, I'd say that if you have a well put together and set-up system and simply want to hear what it's capable of sonically and musically to maximum effect, then I've yet to hear better cables for the job than G2000HDs...

Buy with confidence

Marco.
    Thanks Marco for taking the time to reply...this was exactly the kind of info I was looking for...
    Alister

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Sorry Alistair I misread your post
    No problem...
    Alister

I'm Andy.

Do the G1500HD and G2000HD have a tighter and firmer bass than the G1000HD does anybody know? Ta.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Alister, you're welcome. If you decide to go for the G2000HDs, let us know how you get on

Hi Andy,

That's an impossible question to answer, mate. The effect of both cables on the bass response in other people's systems isn't likely to be the same in yours where everything is different.

Also, try not to see cables as tone controls - it's really not what they should be used for.

Basically, if you can afford to go for the G2000HDs, they give signficantly better all-round performance than any other cables Mark sells, so order and enjoy

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Marco do not get me wrong-l love the G1000HD it is a beautiful sounding cable it provided a boost of bass l can tell you, it is more of a room related issue, but thanks once again if it was not for AOS forum l would not have discovered this gem.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast