+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Grant G1000HD Audio Cable £65

I'm Phil.

Default Mark Grant G1000HD Audio Cable £65

Can anyone recomend the above cables and has anyone compared them

to these Canare LV61S which are cheaper £21
    Phil.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Marco did, right at the beginning a year ago and found the HD1000's better.

[edit] - Look at Marco's posts on this around a year ago. He'd been using the Canare and rated it highly before trying the HD1000 at one of the MAD bashes. They compared well with the MAD wires costing very much more I believe from memory.

Note to What HiFi - decent cables tend to sound "quieter" in high frequencies. Not muffled, but not having the grain, hash and "splatter" that so many cheaper cables have. The HD1000's just sound "right" and more like dealer bought £500 interconnects (with massive dealer margins...)
    Last edited by DSJR; 11-09-2010 at 20:19.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Not compared them myself, but i have the G1000HD's and they are as good or better than any cable i have used .

For example

Audioquest Quartz and Ruby

Cambridge Azur reference

Living Voice LV

Deltec Slink

Translucent by Classique sounds (Paul Greenfield) very good these

Buy the MG's with confidence
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Phil.

Default Re mark grant g1000hd audio cable

Hi all, ive just purchased these cables they will be used for the following

1. preamp to monoblocks avi s2000 series

2. pioneer turntable pl71 to preamp

3. musical fidelity x dac v3 to pre amp

Would these cables suit my needs thanks phil
    Phil.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I went from the MG Canares to G1000HD (from DAC to amp) - a great improvement, I bought the Canare to replace another cable (can't remember what it was) and it wasn't hugely different though still good, whereas the G1000HD in my application was in a different league. You made the right choice Phil, they should be excellent in your system I think.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

It'll be interesting to see how the AVI deals with them. Originally, AVI suggested the amps were at the speakers and the preamp had a very low output impedance and current capacity to drive these long interconnects without any stress. Since several metres of HD1000 cables won't be cheap, I'd suggest the Van Damme microphone cable if ever you wanted to try this.

All AVI asked is that the source to preamp cables were as short as possible and very low capacitance.. I used a baby "75 Ohm" version of the HD cables with solid copper core and good shielding.

As for the rest, perfect

Default Mark Grant G2000HD Interconnects

Just wondering if anybody has the Mark Grant G2000HD interconnects in their system, a few questions about it:

1) What separates are you using it worth?

2) What interconnects did it replace?

3) Did you notice an improvement in sound quality/listening experience and if so what was the improvement, or did it sound worse than you previous interconnects?

4) Is it worth the extra £100+ over the Mark Grant G1000HD?

5) Do you think there are any "better" interconnects around for the same price (or less) than the Mark Grant G2000HD?

The interconnects I am looking to replace are the Fisual Havana Audio which connects my Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 to my Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp), my system is as follows:

Logitech Touch->QED Performance Optical->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Fisual Havana Audio->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

Thanks..
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi 'jbloggs',

Welcome to AOS

Before we help with your query, could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community by supplying your first name, basic geographic location, system details and music tastes, as this is the requirement for all new members joining AOS.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi 'jbloggs',

Welcome to AOS

Before we help with your query, could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community by supplying your first name, basic geographic location, system details and music tastes, as this is the requirement for all new members joining AOS.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Ah right, thanks for making me aware of the forum protocol of introduction before serious posting...

Some words of introduction...
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    Ah right, thanks for making me aware of the forum protocol of introduction before serious posting...

Some words of introduction...
    Don't take that request badly. many of us oldies knew each other from other forums, many going back ten to fifteen years or more I believe. I like to think we all enjoy a good yarn and a nosey around each others setups (not mine, but I can think of others here ).

Regarding the costs of the same wire with different plugs on, i went for the easy cantral route of the HD1500 with neutriks, as I use these plugs in my own home made cables and trust them implicitly. Perhaps my system and especially my ears aren't good enough for WBT's, but the standard £65 product is better than, say, a Chord Chorus at £200 (fully stocked dealers buy it for £80 = 60% profit margin).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast