+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OB DIY Project

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    A supertweeter brings openness and space to the party which seems to defy credulity.
    The Monacor unit linked to only goes out to 40Khz which does not really qualify as 'super'. Try to find a tweeter that goes another octave higher to realise the full benefit of the extra information.

If possible try and borrow a pair for a taste of what they can do. Townshend makes excellent ones but very scarce on the second hand market. Seems people don't let them go easily.
    Why don't you try them out on your pet cat? Cats can hear up to 64kHz.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why don't you try them out on your pet cat? Cats can hear up to 64kHz.
    My cat once came home with a bat, which must have taken some doing. But she'd be useless at testing supertweeters - she hates my taste in music and always leaves the room.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I've been playing the F-15s without a baffle on Ikea stools to break them in. Doubt very much if I will need a super tweeter though it might be fun to try a pair.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I've been playing the F-15s without a baffle on Ikea stools to break them in. Doubt very much if I will need a super tweeter though it might be fun to try a pair.
    you probably read this already but this bloke is using those drivers just sat on a bench. Says he doesn't even feel the need to put them in a baffle:

https://hifiauditions.wordpress.com/...ii-audio-f-15/
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    you probably read this already but this bloke is using those drivers just sat on a bench. Says he doesn't even feel the need to put them in a baffle:

https://hifiauditions.wordpress.com/...ii-audio-f-15/

They do sound very good naked, surprisingly so. However, they need to be in a baffle, not only to avoid wave cancellation, but also to position them correctly for optimal listening.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-24 at 13.48.07.jpg

I'm Martin.

Hi Geoff, hope you're keeping well.

Any updates on the project?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123