+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Grant G1500HD worth the extra £££££

I'm Andy.

Default Mark Grant G1500HD worth the extra £££££

Just a quick question chaps, l have a G1000HD on loan from Mark and l really like the sound, then got to thinking for the extra £20 or so is the G1500HD better, does it retain all the G1000HD attributes of warm and musicality, thanks for any input- now back to the music.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Some say the different phono plugs make a noticable difference. I just like the Neutrik pro plugs because the screen is connected first and the plugs are built like out-houses. As for WBT's, I've seen too many PCB mounted socket assemblies destroyed by these plugs in the past - they MUST be used with respect and care IMO.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Andy.

Have you had the chance to compare the different cables Dave?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I've compared the Canare with Neutrik. If there is a real difference, it's negligible to me, but my ears bung up very easily these days, so cannot be trusted.. I have used WBT's in the past, and they're very solidly made plugs, but those external clamps can be lethal in my experience - there really is no reason to clamp the things onto a socket - IMO
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm colin.

I wonder if WBT made those locks to match the tight connection you get with the Eichmann bullet. I have them on my wire , and shoot me down in flames here, but since fitting them i notice sibilance for the first time in my system.
    I may regret writing that.

I'm Andy.

Anybody else care to comment?

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    I wonder if WBT made those locks to match the tight connection you get with the Eichmann bullet. I have them on my wire , and shoot me down in flames here, but since fitting them i notice sibilance for the first time in my system.
    I may regret writing that.
    I'm sure that's why WBT did this, at least with the recent ones with a thin rod which replicates the Eichmann. I've read more than once that you need the silver version to banish "metallic" sounds. I wonder if this is what you're referring to.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm colin.

Interesting. I cant afford the silvers but may replace them with Eichmann later.
    Spoke to the Scottish guy who makes the Atlas cables once and he didnt rate the WBTs.

I'm Clive.

I must add that my comment above simply comes from browsing forums, I have not listened the plugs other than to some Eichmanns on a tone arm I possess. Listening to phono plugs....note to myself - finally going mad!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm colin.

If you think listening to plugs is mad how about Stein room resonators recently posted in the trade section. Sounds like a case for Mulder and Sculley.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast