+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You decide

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    4 days at Butlins with a nearly two-year old - supposed to be a "break" - yep, I got broken!
    Hi Alex

Did you visit Hotham Park Play area while yo were there?, i have just dug some of it up for some new equipment instalation this week now the School hols have finished
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

No we didn't Jon, but I'll make a point of going next time now I know! (This was our second trip this year, I'm sure we will go again next year as the nipper absolutely loves it - and she was a bit less of a handful this time...)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm John.

Right, I want you all to take your hands off your phone speed dials to the local nuthouse

(Erm, awfully difficult for an objectivist to admit this sort of stuff so I would appreciate minimum piss taking thank you.)
    Some of you must remember cutting squash balls in half and supporting your kit on them (?)
    Well I went a bit further and filled the halves with the same stuff I seal my drive units with; Dum Dum
    Anyway, I was continuing my ongoing clear out project and I came across a few of these half squash balls and put a couple under the back of the laptop which sits on the top of my converted tea trolley Hi Fi rack (no I’m not taking the piss I’ll get some pictures on the site eventually)

Here’s the worrying bit; II think I can hear an improvement
    The laptop runs a lot cooler but why that should make any audible difference is beyond me.

(I may not be around for a bit, gone to find a shrink. Hanging around with you lot obviously isn’t doing me any good )
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ahh,the slippery slope beckons!!

I'm ILOB.

I suggest a new title confessions of a Objectivist
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yeah,or maybe we could have The Objectivist's Ducking Chair!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123