+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laura Marling - I speak because I can

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Agreed, if you didn't like the first album Dan, Laura's probably not for you.
    Sorry if I came across a bit blunt.... It's OK, it just doesn't blow me away or anything...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    Sorry if I came across a bit blunt.... It's OK, it just doesn't blow me away or anything...
    I didn't think you were blunt at all Dan, she won't be to everyone's taste and seeing her live raised the bar for me, as she's such a great kid.
    We can't all like the same stuff and for me the artist themselves can have quite an impact on how I view them overall.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dan.

Are you a fan of Noah and the Whale? She used to go out with the singer, and she features prominently on their first album.... (before their breakup, and cue NATW's very melancholy second album )

I'm Deleted.

Nah, doesn't matter - everyone has their own tastes - I do really like her first album though; but I wasn't being flippant, from what you have said, I doubt you will like her new album.

I thought she was OK live, but the air-conditioning was really loud. At one point she addressed the throng by saying "cor blimey, you are such a polite crowd" - to which someone immediately responded - SORRY .

Yes, I do quite like NatW.
    Account Deleted

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Are you a fan of Noah and the Whale?
    Never totally got them, I have 'Peaceful, the World Lays Me Down' and think I've played it twice, never went any further than that - so no, not a fan really, I find them rather depressing. To be fair though, I have never really listened to them since the first album.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Never totally got them, I have 'Peaceful, the World Lays Me Down' and think I've played it twice, never went any further than that - so no, not a fan really, I find them rather depressing. To be fair though, I have never really listened to them since the first album.
    Blimey if you think Peaceful The World.... is depressing, do NOT play the second one (The First Days of Spring), it makes the first one positively joyful by comparison...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Blimey if you think Peaceful The World.... is depressing, do NOT play the second one
    of course you know I'm going to have to now!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Can you believe that Laura Marling tickets are selling on eBay for over £150.00 for a pair on her sold out Cathedral tour.
    That's more than I paid for a 3 day festival ticket with her on the billing

She's good for sure, but not that good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2807387097...84.m1423.l2649

Completed listings

I'm Santosh.

It is an outstanding album and have been listening to it for few days now.
    When i listen to it more and more some of the tunes become very familiar and start to wonder whether i have heard the same tunes before.
    Some of the tracks in the album resembles Natalie Merchant - Leave Your Sleep album.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12