+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is Chas and I'm in Pontypool, Wales. I've been into music and hifi since I was 15(that'll be 23 years then!) When any hifi separates were considered high end where I live. Never really had much money even though I've always worked so my hifi system remains modest for now. I've swapped and changed components in the low to mid range price bracket and currently have a NAD cd player and amp with B&W 683s which are my most expensive hifi purchase to date.
    I'm happy with my system( at the moment.....) but I have recently got into vinyl again and have ordered an Audio Technica lp120 which should be here by the end of sept.
    My musical tastes include Black Sabbath(favorite) Led Zep, Deep Purple, Rainbow, korn, symphony x, pink floyd, judas priest and some classical and folk.
    I just like any good music really and I'm always looking for new bands to listen to.
    Gotta go now my daughter wants me to make play dough men with her.
    Post later.
    Chas.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome Chas to a fellow rocker!
    All systems welcome here
    But lots of good knowledge and people who like to share what they learnt
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome Chas, from another dad who is yet to graduate to play dough men, though play dough sausages and carrots are on the menu, but as you will see from my avatar, "self-painting" is currently her artistic bent!

There is no system snobbery here - the very fact that you have found us, and that you take the time to build a system rather than buy an ipod dock will mean you are amongst firends (fellow sufferers?) and for many, myself included, AoS is as much if not more about the music than the kit - and your tastes in the latter will certainly find lots of members with similar tastes. I'm currently on a weekend break at Butlins in Bognor Regis and still find time listen to some music via ipod and headphones and pop in here to see what's happening - addicted, me? Let that be a warning to you!

Enjoy AoS - which I'm sure you will - you will get out of the forum what you put in so get posting and don't be afraid to ask any questions. I'm not suggesting you have any silly questions, but as I always say when giving a presentation or training at work, the only silly questions are those that you don't ask.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AOS Chas

Enjoy the forum and have fun.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread