The Heybrook TT2 Restoration Project Part XI - Board senseless.

Collecting TT's is I find a great hobby, but, if like me you have OCD for originality can prove frustrating. This TT2 came with no baseboard. I'm now on my third and this time hopefully correct baseboard. Early models came with 4mm hardboard baseboards which were left unpainted, later models were painted black. No this is really causing my OCD to twitch ! My TT2 has a low serial number in the 400's, so did my TT2 come with black base board or vanilla snowball hardboard? I suppose I could paint one side black and have the otheriside vanilla and that would cater for all occasions . Aesthetically things are now looking better but the baseboard does sag a little. The solution to this I think is to use strong double sided tape to keep the whole board held in place even though wood screws were used originally. So that's another OCD trait, which wood screws? I also know that using tape wasn't original but I'm happy to make this very small sacrifice to originality. So, tomorrow I'll post some pictures of the TT2 and then maybe start using it!!!

As always stay tuned...