+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technics 1210GR with A&R77 cartridge

I'm Mike.

Angry Technics 1210GR with A&R77 cartridge

Bringing this thread back on topic, I use a 1210 GR with its original tonearm, no faffing about, with an old A&R A77 cart, that probably needs changing, and which I likely haven't aligned correctly, and it sounds pretty damn good! And I don't have to worry about breaking £1k cart every time I play a record.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Bringing this thread back on topic, I use a 1210 GR with its original tonearm, no faffing about, with an old A&R A77 cart, that probably needs changing, and which I likely haven't aligned correctly, and it sounds pretty damn good! And I don't have to worry about breaking £1k cart every time I play a record.
    What was your previous deck? Do you consider it an improvement over your previous?
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Mike.

Yeh, it's got a start/stop button.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

As things would have it, I acquired another Technics deck which arrived with a Garrott P77. (I've heard it is similar to Arcam/Cambridge?) The stylus I would not trust. I will have to source another perhaps from Garrott, assuming all is well with the business.

https://garrottbrothers.com/product/cartridges
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread