Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: XTZ AP-100 Power Amp Review in HiFi Choice

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by audiosanctum View Post
    I didn't pay him i promise ;-)
    That's not what you said earlier

In that case it is CRAP

Nah, only kidding

I can honestly say it is the best amp I have owned. It comfortably out-performed an expensive valve amp and another well known class A amp with ease and when you also consider the price tag includes a remote, MM & MC phono stage, flexibility of inputs AND a really good quality DAC into the package, it really is a true "no brainer" and I have no hesitation whatsoever in urging you to put it on your next upgrade shortlist - and save a good few quid on what you WOULD have spent.
    Last edited by Effem; 16-02-2011 at 21:22.

I'm Steve.

Hmmmm......I have itches!

Sugden a21se or XTZ? Difficult to demo either over here.
    I played with a Storm Audio amp a few weeks ago and it's got me wanting more power than my current amp.

In the current climate though I should prolly just shaddup and make do!
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by zygote23 View Post
    Hmmmm......I have itches!

Sugden a21se or XTZ? Difficult to demo either over here.
    I played with a Storm Audio amp a few weeks ago and it's got me wanting more power than my current amp.
    Having heard both amps Steve my money would be on the XTZ and that is why I now own an XTZ and not a a21se Mind you, I do like a very clean very well controlled sound, even when the music gets very complex. The XTZ untangles everything and stays crisp whatever you throw at it, so each and every instrument and vocals in the mix stays firmly placed where they should be without any muddling or smearing. Not many amps this side of £4k can manage that, least of all the MF Trivista 300 I had a few years ago.

I'm John.

Hmm, I must admit to being interested in hearing the integrated.
    So Frank, is it the integrated you have?
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Hmm, I must admit to being interested in hearing the integrated.
    So Frank, is it the integrated you have?
    Yes it is the integrated I have.

You can have one on home dem, they will probably be demonstrated at the Brissol hi-fi show, or come down to my bakeoff next month :-)

Just look at the amount of inputs including the DAC which has 1 optical and 4 co-axial sockets.

Before you contemplate having a play with one, please be aware it is a pretty big beast, so check your rack dimensions. Size (HxWxD): 150 x 435 x 410 mm/460mm incl volume knob and speaker terminals (HxWxD)

I have never been keen on black but, this looks "right" to me because the colour makes it look smaller than it is
    Last edited by Effem; 17-02-2011 at 09:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011