+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Teac a-h500

I'm Seth.

I was not correct when I made the statements regarding the A-H400 integrated as being the first matched component and was of parallel performance to the A-H500. The A-H400, as per specifications, would appear to closely resemble the AG-H500 stereo receiver (sans tuner) and the A-H300. These three kits share similar power consumption figures, weight, and specifications (A-H300 specifications indicate 5 watts less per channel than the AG-H500 and A-H400).

The A-H500 is really the only component in the Reference series that really differs from the rest of it and seems to be a significant cut above in design, build quality, parts, and capability. If any component was made to match the VRDS-9 it would have been the A-H500 integrated.

I'm now eagerly awaiting the arrival of an AG-H550 5.1 receiver. The little AVR tips the scale at over 9 kg. This would be the single heaviest Teac Reference component I will have the pleasure of owning. I will report my impressions of its capabilities and sound purity.

I'm Adam.

Hi all, i have always wanted a teac reference system since i got into hifi when i was 18 (im 29 now), but got out of it 8 years ago, now im back and in the market for a small system and decided on the original ref 300, now this is the question, is the original color (not the silver/black mk2 or mk3) champagne or gold? i have seen photos and in some they look gold, and others look champagne with a gold rim around the volume knob, i hope its just 1 color so its easy to buy these off ebay and not worry about color matching.

Thanks for any help you can give.

thanks , Adam.

I'm Adam.

Also what would be the bast small speakers to use with the A-H300, budget around £100, don't mind buying secondhand.

Thanks,
    Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm x.

Hi, is anyone interested in a TEAC A-H500i integrated amp in pristine condition? Champagne gold. See Ebay Australia item #260791314236

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456