+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colin's System.

I'm Colin.

So any recommendations on subwoofers welcomed

Colin

I'm Martin.

Heard an REL S3 at the show the other day, that seemed to work well. I am not up on current subwoofers though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm charles.

Adding subs is an excellent move and will do a lot more than filling in some missing bass. Multiple subs help even-out the problematic nodes that are inevitable in any enclosed space.

SVS subs are great because they have a free app. to allow remote control from your phone. This means you can in real time hear from your listening position the changes as you make them. The system provides adjustment for continuously variable phase, parametric EQ (with adjustable Q) volume, low pass filter, room gain compensation and custom presets. The app is wonderfully simple and intuitive.

In addition to the SVS I also own a REL and prefer the SVS. Whichever subs you decide on I suggest sealed rather than ported designs for their easier integration.

To go a step better, well much better, is to consider servo-subs. GR Research and Rhythmik provide these as built or DIY. Unusually they have an open baffle, or H-frame design which will match the dipole behavior of your maggies. At many audio shows in USA they have been awarded 'best of show' and are what I would have liked to build for myself if I was not spending all my time and money on a rotten old house refurb.

I'm Colin.

Thanks, I found information on LRS being used well with a Rel T5 I think. And SVS is one of the products that comes up frequently so I will do a bit of research on your suggestions Charles. I have looked at Rythmik but not GR designs. I will initially add the new stands as they apparently make a big difference then take the next steps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12