+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do not order from Bokrand (anymore)

I'm James.

For my own experience \i can only say I have ordered counterweights for my Ortofon arm on 2 occasions (to suit SPUs) and on both occasions they arrived in a timely manner. This was a couple of years ago to be fair.
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Not ideal! Were you expecting a delay or is this bad customer service again?
    Bad customer service. There have been several unexpected/unexplained delays and I'm not the only person in a similar situation. See this thread - https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa....34065/page-15

Even though he says he has a backlog of 40+ overdue orders
    "the oldest order is a year old, then orders 6, 5, 4, 3 months ago."
    he continues to sell on eBay (here). Taking new orders when you can't honour existing orders is a strange way to do business. This comment on the WBF thread I linked to sums up my feelings -

It is a very simple solution, just let people know when you will be able to fulfill their order. For example, I would have been ok even if I was told I would need to wait for 3 or 4 months or maybe even longer. It would have been my choice to decide if I want to pay and wait. However, you told me -and as far as I can see, a lot of others- that you can ship much sooner than you already know you couldn't. This is called false advertising.

I am sorry about your health and sincerely hope you get better. I applaud your craft too. The way you conduct business is however very problematic.

I'm Lawrence.

Reminds me of that guy who's hand built speakers and sold them online. When What Hifi gave them a 5* he sold loads but he couldn't make them fast enough. I forget what the company was called.

I'm Andrew.

I think this is wrong. Surely, it would make sense to make quite a few of these tonearms, especially as they seem to be popular and have some sort of traction as a product, that way many orders could be satisfied without long waiting times. Just my 2cent..
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm shahrin.

I got my Bokrand AB 309 just yesterday.
    Still lettting out long sigh of relief
    Its taken very nearly one year
    You will see my post here on 10/05/22 (#19) i had just bought the arm from him on eBay.
    It was quite disconcerting when the money back deadline had lapsed on eBay and i couldnt even message him
    Hence my request here in Dec 22 for his regular email address.(thanks Charlie)
    The old fella was in and out of hospital.
    At one stage he said mine was one of 21 arms, then a few months later it was one of 40 !
    When i reminded him that it was 11 months ago that i put the order in he got going with mine and offered me the 'improved' version for no extra money.
    Better bearings i think.
    It looks lovely.
    so yeah be prepared to wait
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Adrian.

I posted this on another forum (WBF) but thought it best to also do so here as a public service.

"Unfortunately, Alfred's unsavory business practices (basically robbing Peter to pay Paul) are continuing.

In brief, I purchased an AB309 off ebay on 19 January, but only after getting Alfred to confirm the following before purchasing:
    "Hi Adrian
    I confirm shipping with DHL and tracking shipping next week Friday" (i.e. 26 January)
    Best regards
    Alfred"

Given the various complaints about his practices all over the web, I thought it best to get written confirmation in advance of purchase and to pay with paypal.

As I was going to be away for work the following week, I also wrote to him to give him more time to ship so I could be home to accept delivery.

Sadly, no communications from him since purchase, notwithstanding some gentle reminders.

Today, I wrote to him to advise that if I did not receive the arm by 14 February that I would be opening a complaint with ebay/paypal. I also stated "It is unfortunate that you are forcing me to take these measures and I had sincerely hoped that you would honor the commitments that you made before I purchased the item. I hope you will rectify the situation soonest."

In the interests of transparency and fairness, I will update this post, but, based on my experience to-date, I would strongly suggest not buying from him at this time and certainly not via a payment method for which there is not ready redress given his business practices (i.e. definitely not via bank transfer).

At the same time, I do hope he gets his affairs sorted and generates the funds in advance to actually produce and distribute the arms in a normal, timely manner.

Cheers,
    Adrian"

I'm Mladen.

Any news on Alfred?
    I canīt find any trace of him on ebay anymore.

Itīs a shame, as I am pleased with his tonearm.

Though, I also had some big delays about two years ago when I was buying mine, I was still thinking of buying one of his 16" tonearms in some undefined future.
    Say after the sommer.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaf View Post
    Any news on Alfred?
    I canīt find any trace of him on ebay anymore.

Itīs a shame, as I am pleased with his tonearm.

Though, I also had some big delays about two years ago when I was buying mine, I was still thinking of buying one of his 16" tonearms in some undefined future.
    Say after the sommer.
    Various forums with various discussion about not buying from him, yet he still advertises, takes money, and deliveries are few and far bewteen. CAUTION!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234