+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Eno’s new limited editio turntable.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If given the choice, I would pay a bit more for black vinyl, I'm old fashioned that way.
    Aye, me too . . in many ways.

I had quite a few failures in coloured vinyl, or pictured vinyl in years gone by, but purchased some translucent blue albums that were sublime and a couple of clear vinyl - same result.

However, I recently purchased the new Eric Clapton album....."Limited Edition in yellow vinyl". . . . Music is fantastic (if Clapton is your thing), acoustic covers of most of his own stuff and the engineering is also fantastic. The downside is that Universal / Mercury should be absolutely ashamed of themselves as the disc suffers from pops, crackles and CLICKS throughout, despite the disc looking completely virgin to the naked eye! Incidentally, as probably expected, Un /Mer refuse to respond to complaints! And I have had two copies now from different sources, subsequently returned to Vendors for refunds!!

Check Amazon reviews for The Lady In The Balcony, where other reviews from Germany complain about exactly the same unacceptable problem.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Mike.

I find any turntable and a lava lamp works just the same.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    I find any turntable and a lava lamp works just the same.
    You shouldn't do that the Lava will be much too hot and the vinyl will melt!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Christopher.

Don't care what colour the vinyl is as long as it sounds good.

Last few I've bought have included, red, green, cammo, blue, clear, orange splattered, purple splattered and 'Glow in the dark'

If only there was a suffix 'B' for black
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Rob.

This is the most entertaining thread I have read in a long time.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123