+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monitor audio gs20 vs Quad 12l2???

I'm Remi.

Default Monitor audio gs20 vs Quad 12l2???

I need a pair floorstanding speakers,i got alternative bookshelf Quad 12l2 with sub.My question is how many worth these models euro, pounds, dollars.in second hand condition???.Does it to old speaker set.I got Roksan Caspian amplifier . Thanks for the answers and your time.

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 7 koristeći Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

I would pay a maximum of £400 for them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I would pay a maximum of £400 for them.
    GS20s were highly rated and beautifully finished - I'd go a bit more than £400 on them if they're in good nick. They were about £1700 new.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Stewart.

Hi,I have been using the GS20 for some years now. Very revealing & quite 'Neutral' sounding.A bit monitor like. Ideal with the correct setup & useful when setting up your source as they don't hide much.

I'm Remi.

Im interested in gs20 ,how is low frequency of bass..Ist a control bass,or boomy.. Because i got apartment studio about 30 -35 m2, for listen various types of music.All kind orchestral suits, jazz blues, flamenco guitar, sometimes piano.My amplifier is about 8 ohms and 85 w ,on the 4 ohms 125 w.Does have power on the reserve to move forward .And complete control over Monitor Audio ,who is 89 dB on the 6 ohms,150 w RMS.Im not sure.. That is the main reason for my dilemma.Please tell me your experience whit this Roksan Caspian-Monitor audio.

I'm Remi.

My sistem is Roksan Caspian amplifier, Music Fidaledty DAC, PC .. Sometimes CD player,truth the coax, mostly USB, cable audioqest ..

I'm Lawrence.

I think the Caspian and the GS20 will be a good match and your room sounds fine size wise as long as you don't need them right up to the wall as I think they are rear ported?

I'm Stewart.

I think the Caspian and the GS20 will be a good match and your room sounds fine size wise as long as you don't need them right up to the wall as I think they are rear ported?

Yes they have front & rear ports.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    GS20s were highly rated and beautifully finished - I'd go a bit more than £400 on them if they're in good nick. They were about £1700 new.
    I know and I know But Monitor Audios don't tend to hold their value in the UK due to being perceived as bright and harsh. No point paying over the odds.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread