+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular - yet irregular - thump from Garrard 301

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

+1
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Sorry for the silence everyone. My engineering rellie has gone on holiday so the quest to discover the cause of the knock...knock...knock... has been put on hold until early September, whereupon we will both be applying ourselves to it more fully. If we can't discover an answer I'll film it and put it on Youtube for everyone's amusement. For all I know, this may be a fault that it has always had to some extent but which has only recently got bad enough to become audibly apparent. But I doubt it.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has read this and especially those who have posted. I'll be back with more once I know more.

Thank you
    Ian
    Ian.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

All you need to do is clean your hands of grease/sweat, remove the platter and start the drive. Carefully and gently touch the driving side of the idler while it's rotating and see if you can "feel" a bump or rough spot. Crude, but it worked for me
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12