+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lentek Head Amp - Naked!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Red band at the end is +/- 1% - i.e. 2% I thought - I checked on some charts again to make sure...

I'm not going to go totally mad here, but caps will definitely be looked at at some point. Thanks for advice regarding supply voltage too.
    Yes, you are quite right, they should in theory be 2% tolerance as brown is 1%
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Ali,

Been anywhere nice?
    Yes thanks, we were in France/Belgium for a week, and also Luxembourg at one of our favourite haunts in a beautiful medieval village in the north of the country:

http://www.hotel-de-la-sure.lu/index...mid=13&lang=en

The food is absolutely stunning there!

Here are some pics of the picturesque medieval village of Esch-sur-Sūre (where the Hōtel de la Sūre, above, is located):

And of Vianden, another of our favourite places in Luxembourg:

I'm not sure if you've been to Luxembourg before, but it's an absolutely fabulous place, very unspolied, immaculate throughout, and with beautiful scenery (a bit like a mini Switzerland in some respects) and with the best of French and German cuisine (and beers) rolled into one - awesome!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Looks very nice Marco.

Indeed it was, but it lacked the 'vivacious' ambience and overall joie de vivre of Dunfermline!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ha!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

There's worse places though...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Welcome back Marco. It wasn't the same without you, it was like being in class with the Teacher out...
    +1! Hope you've had a great time, sounds like you have! Look forward to your proper return!

...and on a similar but slightly different subject, can I just add that whilst most of Mark's (Reid Malenfant) posts go "wooosh" right over my head ('cos he's dead clever) it's great that he is contributing so much to AoS and already feels like he is part of the furniture - thanks Mark, good to see you getting stuck in.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

There's worse places though...
    Damn right, dude! I like Dunfermline - the people are very friendly and there are some nice places to go. Fife, in general, is a lovely area of Scotland..........

When Del and I lived in Glasgow we used to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Balbirnie House in Glenrothes:

http://www.balbirnie.co.uk/

Marco.

P.S Dave, apologies for the thread drift!
    Main System

Hi Alex,

+1! Hope you've had a great time, sounds like you have! Look forward to your proper return!
    Cheers, dude - hope you're still listening to proper music software via your Naga!

Marco.

P.S Agreed on Mark
    Main System

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    ...and on a similar but slightly different subject, can I just add that whilst most of Mark's (Reid Malenfant) posts go "wooosh" right over my head ('cos he's dead clever) it's great that he is contributing so much to AoS and already feels like he is part of the furniture - thanks Mark, good to see you getting stuck in.
    I might know a thing or two about analogue electronics but i know next to nothing about digital I have learn't what i needed to know to do my job/s & it basically boils down to wanting to learn so i could make some of my own equipment

I have no formal qualification in electronics, however, that didn't stop me being invited into a research & development lab to help design stuff in one job. It also didn't prevent me from fixing rather a lot of switch mode power supplies that my supervisor (with an HND in electronics) was incapable of doing in another

Thanks very much Alex, nice to feel at home
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast