+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap External hard Drives

I'm Alex.

If anyone has an old IDE hard drive spare and wants to use externally, this looks good value:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTERNAL-DRI...pr_product_top

It includes a DC power supply.
    Spendorman

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I'm looking for a 1TB version for pure audio file storage, to replace a 250GB Toshiba which is now nearly full - the WD one looks to be a good option, but any other suggestions from anyone gratefully received.
    If you only need 1TB they are only £54.97 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digi...4053215&sr=8-1

might make more sense to buy a 1TB now then replace it when full with a 2TB as prices of 2TB will have dropped by then

Remember to always have more than 1 copy of everything as backup

Mark.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Mark - wandered in to PC World and they have the 1TB for £59.99 so for the extra fiver I got it there (easier to return if it does fail within the 2 year guarantee period and means I don't have to faff around collecting from the post office if I'm not in.) Looks nice, is silent in operation and cool - as has already been said. Really is Plug 'n' Play (if you are a Windows user.) Now undertaking the laborious task of moving 250GB of music - which should be easy, but never is because of the inevitable odd corrupt file. Then intend to leave the old 250GB one as is as a backup for most of the music, and possibly pick up another WD next month to run two in tandem for redundancy protection.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12