+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Wellington, NZ

I'm Torin.

Default Hello from Wellington, NZ

Hi all,

After a 2 year hiatus I've just gotten back into building my Statement IIs... in turn this has finally led me to stop lurking and join a whole bunch of hifi forums.

Aside from finishing my speakers at long last, my other hifi goals are: (in no particular order)
    • Do ALL the mods to my stock SL-1200 Mk II, starting with external PSU and then an improved regulator. I've just read 26 pages of @6l6, @ianmac and @dimkasta talking about this!
    • Replace my Marantz NR1501 with something powerful enough to drive my new speakers (hello Purifi monoblocks...)
    • Finally join the 21st century and get myself a DAC - the minisDSP SHD, RME ADI-2 and Topping D90 are at the top of my list right now
    • Build DIY headphone amps for my brother and myself
    • Get me some 12v trigger action going on

I know just enough to be dangerous with a soldering iron, so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from you all :-)

In terms of music taste, I like all sorts really. I always find myself back at the early to classic rock genre - Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger etc. I've recently discovered the Saharan guitar rock sound though - Bombino, Mdou Moctar, Tinariwen etc. - which I think is a very cool and very catchy sound. You should check it out!

Cheers

I'm Geoff.

Hi Torin. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place for info about SL-1200 upgrades. If you have questions, I'm sure members can help.

Join in the chat, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread