+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    All personal taste of course,but I find Mudorfs to be a bit "all top and bottom" with little in the middle.Prefer SCR teflons or AN coppers myself.

As for using a pre,I found this greatly improved the sound of the Hlly,I use a WAD Pre 2.To me it turned a good amp into a very good indeed amp.YMMV of course.
    Very interesting. Which Mundorf caps did you use, and in what context? My impression of Mundorf products are quite different, as I do not find them lacking in the midrange.

I think I'll hold off that pre purchase until I receive my Buffalo II and Volumite. The Volumite seems to be (at least in concept) a much better attenuation solution compared to traditional volume controls.
    Alex

I'm drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezethatbuffalo View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you get the Topping TP21 in the end?
    Not yet. As it is for desktop PC duty and I dont have any passive speakers yet, I am not in that much of a hurry and am hanging on incase the price drops of something new comes out.

Currently, I am using a pair of Behringer MS16 powered monitors. I am still deciding what to replace them with. I seem to have narrowed in down to a pair of JBL Control 1's, or a pair of Desktop Transmission Lines.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very interesting. Which Mundorf caps did you use, and in what context? My impression of Mundorf products are quite different, as I do not find them lacking in the midrange.

I think I'll hold off that pre purchase until I receive my Buffalo II and Volumite. The Volumite seems to be (at least in concept) a much better attenuation solution compared to traditional volume controls.
    I used the silver/oils as coupling caps in a Mr Liang 845 amp.They were good but I found them a bit edgy at times.Fitting SCR teflons was a big improvement all round,much more detail yet a warmer sound too.I much preferred them to the Mundorfs

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Commander View Post
    Not yet. As it is for desktop PC duty and I dont have any passive speakers yet, I am not in that much of a hurry and am hanging on incase the price drops of something new comes out.

Currently, I am using a pair of Behringer MS16 powered monitors. I am still deciding what to replace them with. I seem to have narrowed in down to a pair of JBL Control 1's, or a pair of Desktop Transmission Lines.
    If the TP60 is any indication, I think you won't be disappointed with the TP21. No personal experience with the latter, but the JBL Control 1s aren't bad. One of my friends use them with his desktop PC, and they sound decent for the price.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I used the silver/oils as coupling caps in a Mr Liang 845 amp.They were good but I found them a bit edgy at times.Fitting SCR teflons was a big improvement all round,much more detail yet a warmer sound too.I much preferred them to the Mundorfs
    Ah, now I understand where you're coming from. The silver/gold and silver/gold/oil lines are much more balanced and musical, but even pricier.
    Alex

I'm drunk.

If the TP60 is any indication, I think you won't be disappointed with the TP21. No personal experience with the latter, but the JBL Control 1s aren't bad. One of my friends use them with his desktop PC, and they sound decent for the price.
    Indeed, I have a couple of friends who use Control 1s. I even fitted a pair into the parcel shelf of a VW Golf for one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123