Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike New Bearings and Platters an Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike_New Guest

Default Mike New Bearings and Platters an Update

Hello Folks
    It's been an interesting few days.

I am now able to offer my High Precision bearings for delivery in the UK at 340 pounds Inc delivery. For sales into Europe, the equivalent in Euros. My platters are available for 525 pounds Inc delivery.

I currently have 6 bearings left from the most recent batch of 30, and 4 platter blanks.
    With the platters, I have total control over the machining process in my own workshop, I do not have to get them made by outside suppliers, so this means I am able to produce them to customer requirements, in respect of the thickness, weight and whether it has a machined label recess which some people have said they do not want. So with me you have a choice.

Another very important point is that because I have control over the manufacture of my bearing, I am able to very accurately match the internal taper of the platter centre boss with the taper on my bearings.
    This is vitally important with a heavy platter.

I have looked at making a special bearing which dispenses with the taper, but uses a better designed attachment to mate with the new platter.
    I discarded this idea as all it does is to lock in customers to having to buy both bearing and platter at the same time, thus preventing a smooth transitional upgrade over time, which the present arrangement allows for.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Those prices look very competitive Mike ' very interesting and to be frank its great news for potential customer's , more choice ' more options .

For me i would still need to upgrade from my standard Timestep bearing in order to use your platter ! or Dave's of course .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Deleted.

I wish you all the very best Mike - have you retained the design rights?
    Account Deleted

Mike_New Guest

YNWaN,
    As far as design rights are concerned, this can be a very contraversial subject
    related to interlectual property rights. I am fortunately well connected with people in London, but I do not imaging that I will need their assistance.

I'm joe.

I'm just glad I have a Roksan and don't have to be doing with this nonsense!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm just glad I have a Roksan and don't have to be doing with this nonsense!
    Well Joe ' you can always trade up ,follow the learned book of Linn even
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Well Joe ' you can always trade up ,follow the learned book of Linn even
    I tried the Linn, didn't like it, tried the Roksan, liked it and bought it. Traded up from Xerxes to Xerxes X a few years back, but have otherwise never felt the need for 'special' bearings, or a new motor, or a new platter ...

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_New View Post
    YNWaN,
    As far as design rights are concerned, this can be a very contraversial subject
    related to interlectual property rights. I am fortunately well connected with people in London, but I do not imaging that I will need their assistance.
    hi mike,
    if you were the original designer and have carried out all the proto-type work then i cannot see you having a problem, also from experience i have learnt that no matter how much a good design gets copied by third parties wether it be for money or to fulfill their own self opinonated ego trip, people will always want the original version.
    good luck with it.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

So much not being said methinks... A shame that ego's have to get in the ways of business, but it seems inevitable in the human condition...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    So much not being said methinks...
    You think? I would have thought it was all pretty obvious (unfortunately).
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast