Some AoS members might have wondered why I recently resisted giving any information about the SL-1200 PSU/bearing/platter issue?

I posted this earlier on my new forum www.time-step.net where I will entertain 'some' questions. It does explain things I hope?

Some of you might know the history and pedigree of our Timestep weather satellite receivers? The PROscan receiver is now over 20 years old and is the first choice for the Worlds Military. The design hasn't changed one bit in those 20 years and many of the very first batch are still working without ever having being repaired or serviced.

We aim to do the same with our Hi Fi products. All our products need to be serviceable, reliable and of the very best performance/quality achievable. It should be noted that I as MD of Timestep first proposed in public three ideas for the SL-1200 and they are, a new bearing with captive oil and a ball/thrust pad, a solid aluminium platter and a new plinth/chassis. OK someone got the PSU idea before me, damn!

We have commissioned one of the very best turntable manufacturers to make the ultimate SL-1200 bearing and platter for us. Our existing low cost Timestep bearing will stay, as it punches far above its weight for a very modest price. However the Mike New bearing and platter have been discontinued by us. Until the end of this year, customers who have bought either bearing from us will be eligible for an upgrade. The Timestep bearing will qualify for a 100% part exchange, so what you paid for it will be given in part exchange. The Mike New bearing will qualify for a completely free upgrade and we recommend all users avail themselves of the offer as we can not provide any service, back up or warrantee/guarantee for this bearing after 2010.

We are dedicated to the SL-1200 and have quite a few tricks up our sleeve, and also the SP-10!

Regards

Dave