+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (Naim) Signal only 4pin to 4pin Snaic

I'm Peter.

Default (Naim) Signal only 4pin to 4pin Snaic

I have a Naim system with a Hicap. I'm using a power amp with an internal power supply.

Would there be any reall interest in having a 4 pin snaic made up that only carried the signal from the Hicap to the Poweramp ?

or even ..

Would it be possible to send the preamp signal directly to the Poweramp, thus bypassing the visit to the HiCap on the way ?

regards

Peter
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by user34 View Post

Would there be any real interest in having a 4 pin Snaic made up that only carried the signal from the Hicap to the poweramp ?

or even ..

Would it be possible to send the preamp signal directly to the poweramp, thus bypassing the visit to the HiCap on the way ?

regards

Peter
    Sorry, interest from whom?

It's been over a dozen years since I had an 82 (same as 282) powered by a couple of HiCaps and I really cannot remember the wiring sequence. However, I followed Naim's set-up, which is obviously optimised for sound quality. Thus I cannot see what you'd want to achieve by deviating from that designer norm.

However I'm sure Naim would advise on 01722 426600

I'm Peter.

Mike,

Interest might not be the right word. I was wondering out loud. I have a 4 pin snaic which I use between a HiCap and a 200. The 200 has a power supply, so the power supply DC is going back to the HiCap along the same cable in which the signal is going in the other direction.

I was just curious if anybody knew if haveing a 4 pin snaic that only carried signal would sound better.

regards

Peter
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.