Hi all - I'm soon to become the proud owner of a TD124, after several happy years with my 401.

I'm planning to mount an Audio Creative Groovemaster on a 9" armboard, cut for SME style mount. The GM comes with an optional sliding mount for SME boards. I've been very happy with my 12" GM on the 401 + massive RC plinth, and I know I could simply fit that to a 12" armboard, but I'd like to keep a smaller footprint this time, (and keep the 12" on the Garrard) so am thinking to mount a 10" arm on the smaller armboard. Schopper say that the smaller armboard will work with both 9" and 10" arms.

Audio creative offer two 10" arms, with slightly different Pivot to Spindle lengths. One is 240mm P2S and the other 254mm P2S. (Their 9" arm is 229mm P2S.)

It's my understanding that as a general rule of thumb it's better to fit the longest possible arm in any given circumstance, so could anyone more clued-up than me (e.g. almost anyone) advise me what's the longest arm I could go for in this case? Is there an ideal arm length for a TD124 deck? Or is it just horses for courses?

I know from online research people have fitted the FR-64s with success, and that's 245mm effective length. Is 254mm going to be pushing it too far?