+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

I'm Andrew.

Default Greetings

Hi there,

New member, long time reader.

My system:

Player: SL1200 M3D, Jelco SA750D Arm w/ corian armboard Konne, AudioSensibility Statement SE phono cable, Paul Hynes SR4T PSU, Nagaoka MP500 w/ Jelco HS25 headshell, Isonoe feet w/ glass/sorbothane boots, Micro Seiki S10 puck

Phonostage: RCM Sensor 2 w/ Furutech connectors

ADC/DAC: Prism Sound Lyra 2

Amp: Cello Palette Preamp, Pass Labs Aleph 2 Monoblocks, AudioSensibility Statement SE ICs

A/D/S L1290 Loudspeakers (rosewood), Acoustic Zen Hologram II cables

and about 12,000 records deep

still want to mod my 1200 w/ bearing and platter, but hard to find!

aaaaaand perhaps build a Thorens TD 124 or Gerard 301 from scavenged parts if I'm unemployed indefinitely. Might have to sell a kidney but whatever.

Nice to meet you!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Andrew. Welcome to AOS.

As you may have seen, there's a huge amount of info here about the Technics turntables: https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...he-Techiepedia

Feel free to join in and ask questions or start your own thread.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andrew.

Interesting system you have there: Cello Audio Palette with a Shure M3D. "The Prince and the Pauper"?

I cannot imagine what it is like to have 12,000 records - how do you know what to play, and what are your musical tastes? Actually I'm most envious!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Andrew.

Interesting system you have there: Cello Audio Palette with a Shure M3D. "The Prince and the Pauper"?

I cannot imagine what it is like to have 12,000 records - how do you know what to play, and what are your musical tastes? Actually I'm most envious!

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Hey Barry, thank you!

No I don't have a Shure M3D, its a SL1200M3D :-) my cart is Nagaoka MP500 (before that MP150) but I haven't cracked into the MC world yet.

I've been a DJ for 20+ years, so the records are part of the trade as well as the love. As for what to listen to, I often keep newer things toward the bottom of the shelf and they work their way higher as more new things arrive. Or I just pick at random hehe.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Andrew. Welcome to AOS.

As you may have seen, there's a huge amount of info here about the Technics turntables: https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...he-Techiepedia

Feel free to join in and ask questions or start your own thread.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Hi and thank you Geoff! Indeed I've read for hours on end in the Techiepedia :-)

I do have some questions about installing my new PSU so will ask over there.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Andrew,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    Cheers Anthony

+ Reply to Thread