+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New A series walkman doesnt fit my big ears

I'm colin.

Default New A series walkman doesnt fit my big ears

As its my birthday week ( i like to prolong it as much as poss) i treated myself to the new A series walkman. I got it at the Sony shop with a £25 trade in for my ancient IRiver. Cracking little screen on it, tested it with a bit of footie, but the in ear buds fit really badly, even with the big silicons fitted. I feel like a freak.
    To be fair i never had that problem with the Sennhiesers i owned or my mates X series walkman. Maybe Japanese people have petit lug holes .
    Bit of a problem though regarding noise cancellation and bass response.
    Potential buyers beware!

I'm Richard.

I don't think I've ever used the headphones supplied with a portable device, they are invariably crap.

My current faves are these:
    https://www.bargainpile.net/soundmag...l?currency=GBP

For £20 they are scarily good. I get through in ear phones like there's no tomorrow and gave up spending lots of money on them after losing a pair of Shure SE210s after about 2 weeks of owning them. Out of all of the other phones I've had, these are the closest to the Shures in terms of sound and build quality without having to spend silly money.
    Rich

I'm David.

You arnt pushing them in far enough, it feels odd tonstart with, but once you get used to
    It the design has potential! My Sony ear buds that need pushing in further than you would expect sound amazing and are very comfy once you get used to them!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Paul.

Lovejoy, thanks for the tip, i might try those one day.

I found the generic ear speakers that came with my Cowon X5 and then Sansa Clip to be excellent - especially the clip, i'm amazed at how good they are. At least in comparison to some of the expensive/cheap independent brands I've owned. Chief among them, the Sennheiser CX300. The reviews were rave but reality unadulterated rubbish. You could achieve more bass by bashing a thin sheet of corrugated iron with a frying pan.
    Paul.

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

I use Fisher Audio Silver Bullets with my Sansa Clip+ which I have been quite impressed with but as with all IEM's it's all about getting a good seal in the ear. Given a choice though I still prefer my AKG K26P portable over the ear jobs, but they tend to make you look like your a WW2 radar operator Also my wife has set of Koss KSC75 which simply clip over the ears (no headband) and are an IMO outstanding for the sub £15 price and come with a lifetime guarantee.
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm colin.

Ahh should have been more patient but i bought Klipsch image 4s from HMV, £50 in the sale and very thin sounding compared with the Sonys plus i had to spend an extra £15 on comply foam tips to get a descent seal. Had thought about the Sound magic but there you go. Maybe at a later date ill try them.
    I would have gone for over the ears but wasnt sure if they could be driven by the sony amp.
    Interesting listen to headphones in the Apple store with Nanos as a source.
    Tried the sennheiser px100 , they sounded to weak. Then i tried the DJ phones the HD 25-1 and the volume was incredible. 70 ohm impedence on the HD phones, who would have thought they could be compatable with the Nano.

+ Reply to Thread