+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 1,151 to 1,153 of 1153

Thread: Caiman passive output mod revealed

MartinT Guest

The Gator gave me the drive I was missing and certainly didn't lack bass when I moved over to it (from Auricaps in passive coupling mode).

I'm Jim.

Ah, it maybe has 50 hours on it, that might explain it then.

I'm Sam.

Thread necromancy! - I've just got the Beresford 7520 and I've done the 5 minute passive output mod. I have some 3.3uf Nichicon FWs in there (had them lying around), but also have some Nichicon MUSE 47ufs coming.

I have a query:

I like the sound of the pre-amp on my Sansui AU-317 so I don't want to go straight into the Sansui power amp from the Beresford. However, the variable output on the Beresford gives me better fine control of the volume on the AU-317.

Now that I've done the passive mod, is it 'OK' to use the variable output from the Beresford into the pre-amp of the Sansui (AUX) or am I degrading the signal? Should I still be using the line output into the Sansui?

(The problem with using the line output is that the level is a bit high for the Sansui and I can't put the Sansui volume above about notch 3 - plus the Sansui has an annoying notched volume which can bee too loud or too quiet!)

Thanks all.

+ Reply to Thread